de_contra?

stutters

I like contra quite a bit, but like jester says, if its not bringing in the numbers, it should at best be involved only during high traffic times/admin's disgression. Also, I'm right there with z3ro & Jester on 2 other maps. Dust and (especially) port, for lack of better terminology, plain suck imo and are even better candidates to take out of the rotation.

tWc|RoGuE.gc

GC Alumni

rogue? is that you? heya pal! welcome back!

hey another thing to think about that dunlavy mentioned in another thread. the primetime rotation, the one with plenty of customs in the rotation, goes until like 1am at night. do you guys think it would be better to have that rotation end at like 10 or 11, and leave it up to admins to mix it up afterwards?

go tigers.

xoxo,

sj

• 2 weeks later...

I think contra should stay in. If it scares off lamers, I am OK with that and eventually, more and more people will become regulars and get to know the map and thus stay on.

Personally, I think Villa needs the boot. Port should be removed (even though I LOVE IT) and can come on via mapvote if enough people want to play.

Prodigy is fun, but can get worn out quick. Maybe just lower the frequency.

Nuke, Aztec, Cbbl, Tides, Italy, Piranesi, Inferno are all musts.

Boot 3rd st and pick either CPL Mill or Clan Mill.

Train is 'meh'

I'd like to change my reply.

Jameson has it right: Contra should stay in. Once we get new faces, they'll play it more. Contra itself will grow into a more popular map. I've noticed it on a few servers while pubbing.

We don't need to drop contra. Lots of people love it, and more people will begin to love it.