Tom Clancy Splinter Cell

EbilDustBunny

I am very taken with the Splinter Cell series, but have never played the multiplayer. That, and I'm not a particularly good gamer, especially with a console controller. I hear they're up to three on three now, so I wouldn't want to unnecessarily weigh down such a small team. It looks far too intimidating for a casual gamer, but I downloaded the demo foolishly thinking it was a single-player demo. So, I cracked and will probably try to play tonight. Any suggestions for how I should go about finding games my speed?

I am very taken with the Splinter Cell series, but have never played the multiplayer. That, and I'm not a particularly good gamer, especially with a console controller. I hear they're up to three on three now, so I wouldn't want to unnecessarily weigh down such a small team. It looks far too intimidating for a casual gamer, but I downloaded the demo foolishly thinking it was a single-player demo. So, I cracked and will probably try to play tonight. Any suggestions for how I should go about finding games my speed?

I shot my teamate while he was killing one of the spys...I killed the spy too and somehow that got me 2nd place...and I haven't played a FPS with the 360 controller since I lent out my orig Xbox nearly 2 years ago. Man I gotta get Halo 2 back... :(

hahaha when I first played me and this one other guy lit each other up because we didn't know what was what.

I never like the first splinter cell I just didn't get hooked in. I loved playing the first person mode on the upslon team.

oh yeah... had to dig this out from my favorite webcomic:

http://www.machall.com/index.php?strip_id=350

GC Alumni
(edited)
That's a great comic. Can the mercs and the spies really hear each other in-game if they are close?

I'm not sure never got close enough... but if a spy grapples a merc into a head lock you can.

I'm loving the game so far...

In Co-op missions the mercs are SOOOO HARD, but getting to play with other players and friends is so much fun.

Edited by EbilDustBunny

Hey, that's right, it hit shelves today. I'm going to rent it next weekend...I want the full-blown version (Splinter Cell has been one of my favorite series) but I am a bit hesitant to shell out $70. $60 is as much as I am willing to bite for right now. Little bit at a time, guys, I know game prices have been stagnant a while but let's go a little bit at a time.

Chaos Theory has co-op, doesn't it? I never had a chance to co-op in the SC games because I always played on PC until now and I didn't know anyone else who was interested in co-op. Anyway, I repurchased CT on XBox so I could play it (my PC is not up to it) and I'm ready for DA to drop.

That's a great comic. Can the mercs and the spies really hear each other in-game if they are close?

I'm not sure never got close enough... but if a spy grapples a merc into a head lock you can.

In Co-op missions the mercs are SOOOO HARD, but getting to play with other players and friends is so much fun.

I like to jump on the merc-bots heads. I love this game, I haven't played CSS since it dropped.

I like to jump on the merc-bots heads. I love this game, I haven't played CSS since it dropped.

sneaking past then is impostable they just know exactly where you are