Sound Effects Value

I normally have my sound effects real low so I can communicate with others during matches. Not that it helps me in contributions but at least I know what I am not doing correctly.

I have found in pubbing that sound effects do have a value. Recently I was on the Dawn map and my team was loosing. I decided to act as sniper on outcropping near top of elevator. My idea was to cover the nearby node and protect the core in my limited fashion. I was viewing the scene when I heard a tribarrel rocket laucher start to load. I felt that this was odd in that I had the shocker out. I look over my shoulder to left and see a guy 4 paces away. He is not moving and it dawns on me he is not my team's color scheme. It is none other than our friend Bushwack. It feel my death is immanent and need to do something. In shock, I normally have my left hand do a multifinger spasm over my nostromo movement keys and my right hand mouse tries to aim at Bushwack and call up a useful weapon.

Sound effects do have a value.

(In hind sight I feel Bushwack was trying to find out how much of my body would show falling to my core ground on impact and death by 3 rockets at same time. Maybe my upper torso?, maybe just my head?. I got hit with tank on hill pointblank on Torlan and just saw my torso and upper left leg left one time.)

Yeah, sound effects really do help. When I play my roommate in a LAN game, I know whether he has sheilds or not, which guns he has, and where he is just by listening to the sounds. For those of you who havent, turn the music off! (Not just for game's sake, but because it's not that good anyway) :D

Yeah, sound effects really do help. When I play my roommate in a LAN game, I know whether he has sheilds or not, which guns he has, and where he is just by listening to the sounds. For those of you who havent, turn the music off! (Not just for game's sake, but because it's not that good anyway) :D

There's music in ut2k4? heh :freak: