Monitor

dragonfly

So my dell 24" widescreen (07 model) is giving me a bit of colour troubles it seems...

Certain colours sort of "flash". For example, a few shades of pixels on the beige part of my ie bar have green flashing pixels, instead of the regular beige ones. Same troubles in games, etc with certain colours.

The pc has not been on for 2 days, adn i moved the monitor around yesterday when I was cleaning my room. I had the same trouble when i first hooked up my monitor, but after all the mess with the drivers etc it went away adn worked perfect for 2 weeks. Then I cleaned and moved it.

Here's what I tried:

1. Turning it off and on several times.

2. Unplugging dvi cord and plugging it back in.

3. Unplugging ac cord and plugging back in.

4. Restart pc.

5. Giv'er a little knock on the sides (you never know! :) )

I dunno what to do now. If the problem is still there later today/tomorrow then I'll give dell a call. Any ideas from you guys though? Oh yeah, it's not the cord, cause this cord is fine with my 19" (i tried that) and the component video does the same dealio with my dvd player. It's definitely the monitor. First time i thought it was cause it was cold... Not sure now...

I considered that, but before I do that....

The reason i think it's an actual colour issue, is when i dont maximize the page, and move it around on the screen, no matter where I move it to the same discolouration (flashing pixels) stays in the same place. So it's not limitted to a single place on the monitor, it depends on where I move the problem to on the monitor... if you catch my drift.

:(

Try cleaning out the contacts on your graphics card and cord with some rubbing alcohol. I had the same issue in the past and I cleaned the contacts really well and it worked. Also I made sure to screw the contacts in very snugly so as to be sure it was in as far as it would go.

Be sure to turn off the computator first :D

Shouldn't have bought a Dell dude ;) lol

lol My dimension 4500 lasted me 5 years with absolutely no errors though... :)

SGT: Got it working now, thx. Here's what I did - I unplugged the cord, realized i had not rubbing alchohol, called my little sis, she didnt either. Plugged the cord back in, it wouldnt recognize it. So I tried again, and again, and again.

Then I grabbed the dvi that came with the monitor, tried that one - wouldnt recognize it. So i tried again, perfect now. :freak3:

The thing that makes me still think it was the monitor was the fact taht the component vid was also doing the same thing. Just my take on my troubleshooting though... fortunately both are working now. Preacher: i did pray though, 1/2 hour ago. Maybe that was the fix? :)

The prayer of a righteous man avails much. Are you righteous? lol

lol! Positionally I'm as righteous as Jesus... does that count?

Though, if Joseph can be classified as a 'righteous man' then I guess I can too (seeing as we're in the Christmas spirit :) )