Rocky Balboa

Playaa

My brother-in-law is a huge Rocky fan and so I went with him the other day to see Rocky Balboa. Now me, I've enjoyed the moments of Rocky movies I've seen but I've never seen one all the way through (just caught pieces of them on tv) and I wasn't expecting to be too entertained by this film.

Still...as someone who hadn't seen Rocky before it was still pretty entertaining. You can tell that Sly Stallone made the movie for a specific age group (i.e. Old folks) and that there is a message in there for them. There are some strange moments in the movie that apparently only make sense if you have seen the other films...but overall I'd give this movie a 3.5 out of 5 stars. (that's a good thing)

if you're a fan of Rocky, you've probably already seen it. If you're not...well, wait for it on DVD but definitely see it when it comes on DVD.

• 2 weeks later...

A very good end to the Rocky Series. If you noticed that the fight night footage was shot different you are correct. Stallone shot the fight and fight night footage in HD film to give it a crisp right there feel, while the rest of the movie was shot on normal film to contrast and show the grittiness of Rocky's real life outside of fighting. Fighting was all he knew.

• 3 weeks later...