left behind

auggybendoggy

I watched the trailers and thought man they don't read their bibles...or perhaps they do and read it with laziness???

No where does it say people will dissappear?

It's causing a lot of controversy cause in the game your a left behind person who takes up millitary action by killing others (I think muslim) is included.

what do you guys think?

Auggy

I dont think there's gonna be a rapture as the popular views go. I think that the nonChristians will be gone first. (yeah, not just a thought, based on the bible too)

I looked at the game, thought "why the heck would i buy that!?" and looked away.

I did read all except the last book of the series though. It's a nice story, without really any biblical backing.

In conclusion, I dont want to play the game and it's probably giving christianity a bad (hmmm, it already has a bad name...worse?) name.

The rapture theory is actually rather popular in the hippie-Christian religions.

There are a lot of Pentacostal and otherwise charismatic churches that preach that way - that we'll be raptured away before the antichrist even comes to power - or at least, in the last three and a half years, where we'll face the real persecution.

I agree with a lot of the stuff that those assemblies teach, but that's one of the points I find myself disagreeing on. A lot of modern authors write their stuff based strictly on this theory... and there are a few verses/paragraphs that I've been pointed to, where, when read on their own, I can see how they can be interpreted in that way (bits and pieces out of Revelations, mostly), but in context with the rest of it, just don't hold up - especially when there are lines in direct contrast with that thought.

...anyway, the premise of Left Behind, the books and the game, is that of 'new' Christians - people who change their worldviews, after the 'old' Christians are all beamed up, before/during tribulation. By that right, the Christian militant violence in the game isn't a purging or a cleansing, it's meant to be a defense against the persecutors. ...of course, I don't agree with it, and I'd actually prefer to see a game where you use subversive tactics, based on the spiritual gifts, to win people over, under the collective nose of the antichrist's united army. (Then again, there are already plenty of violent, militant 'Christians' out there... ...I could easily see something like that becoming a possibility, and it does talk about many falling when they try to use the weapons of the enemy)

A game using healings, and preachings and other wonders straight out of Acts, during the end of days, to win over the enemy with the weapons of the righteous would be freaking sweet.

Edited by Norguard