My Opinions on what will make West great again.

Let's make GC the central hub out west again. Think of what made you join GC. Now think of what happened to that. Now let's go find the fun again.

We have a good server with 100 tic rate.

We have low latency.

We have the ability to load any map we feel we need.

We have enough Members and Regs that care.

- What i want is a server is stiff competition with a light hearted rivalry.

- I'd like to have some reprocution for a TK even tho I forgive 99% of them and ban the intentional ones. Maybe bring back the chicken mod. It might have been an accident and a sorry but i was in the grove with 5 dead this round and a deagle and AWP and bam shotty to the face. Poof your a chicken now go knife the other team now. The server laughs and has fun as well as the chicken.

- Custom Map Night. This was allways a packed server, and looked forward to during the week.

- Western Warfare. Friendly competition and fake rivalry.

- Defer to the server. I personaly HATE Aztec and Dust. They are way too one sided without alot of work. But these maps draw a croud. Lots of people love these maps. So suck it up for a round and don't whine in genral chat cause you don't like a map. This just starts other people whining and the server mood changes fast.

- @ Hey there Stuttering.john nice map your having 32-3 wow!

- If the whole server feels that just playing there is like playing with a bunch of friends all on the inside of the circle they will more than likely come back again and even bring friends.

- Take care of your regs and they will take care of you.

p1 " you suck butt"

Reg 1 "don't avoid the filter please, this is a clean server."

Reg 2 "this is a clean server."

Reg 3 "don't avoid the filter please"

p1 "Are you an admin?"

@ No but I am! and this is a clean server.

p1 "ok thanks"

tho most of the time people just say sorry i did'nt know and the reg just did all your typing for you ws you did'nt get Glocked while typing and lose that shiney new AWP you saved 3 rounds for.

- Admining a server is an Art. you can bring a server from 4 bots to full at 4am on a tuesday if you know what needs to be done to bring a croud and still not drop the quality of play that our servers are known for.

I'm sure there are alot of nice ideas that our regs and members have. If all else fails and it goes in the wrong direction then we can allways change it back.

hear,hear,hooray for panic!i think the biggest thing we do is not making new people feel welcome.i've seen someone come in,play a round or two,see scores of 15-3 or better,get powned once or twice,and then feel that they are not good enough for our server,say something along the line of "i can't hold my own with these guys" and leave.before i could say anything to promote us,he left.i have a mic problem sometimes,so people can't always tell what i am saying,and i type sssllllooowwwww so i can't tell someone that quick that we don't want them to feel inadequite,we would like to see them on more often.i agree about aztec and dust,but i also don't like tides,personally.dust is way one sided,but ,if the t's work as a team,they can rush a almost everytime(i said almost).same with aztec,but,how often can you really get all of the pubbers to act as one?

as for time bombs,beacons,chickens,i am all for it.if i tk by accident(although if i was paying better attention,i wouldn't have an accident)i should lose the 3 percent automaticlly,if on purpose,flame them,timebomb them,make them a chicken.i would personally laugh at myself,call myself a dork,and pay more attention.

i LOVED western warfare and HOPE you guys bring it back.we got a lot of G.C.,admin and regs that we had full server everytime we played.

There are times that i as well have done a stupid TK accident and just said on Mic " ohhhhhh sorry, that was stupid, take all my cash" It would be nice if there were options, beacon, chicken. I don't think slay should be inb the options just somthing that will make it a little harder, kinda like a penance to overcome for the crime.

(edited)

I joined because of the regulars, like (edit,had names listed but felt bad if i forgot someone.) A bunch or great players but not cocky and loud mouthed. They always went for objective and try to get plans to work. I sarted coming in more often and was able to learn from good players, skills and the way they treat people. Admins need to be admins and do what the players want or need to pick up level and fun of game play.

Edited by BIGchiefKODIAK

Well I've done some research and they don't have a Chicken mod for Source. Valve did somthing to keep people from changing the player modles and AMX codeing is not compatible with it. but there are zombie mods so... maybe i should look some more.

If your having trouble remembering the mod from 1.6 here's a refresher.

It would change the player model into the chicken model (like the ones in market on Italy) and it would also restrict them to knife only.

mani has a model changer built into it, but i'm not sure how to link the model change to a specific event (like a TK). we could also have admin skins to identify admins, but then we start getting into the whole forced download thing, which some people think will discourage pubbers.

ever connect to a server where the 1st 5 minutes of your connection are downloading dumb mp3s, wavs, and textures? we don't want that...