Metal Gear Solid 4

Tracid

Is this taking place at two separate times, like MG:S 2? I hear that Raiden's back, but he's supposed to be cool this time, and I got the feeling this game continued after MG:S 2...So now I'm totally confused.

I hear there's talk about an XBox 360 version...Shweet!

By the way, does anybody know where there's a good plot write-up of MG:S 3? I never could stand to finish it, I hated the play controls and camera angles, but I have played the Metal Gear series since the first one hit the NES and am really interested to know what I've been missing. I just can't seem to find a good summary.

360 version is in a tight spot. Konami is yet to determine whether there will be both a PS3 version and a 360 version, or just a PS3 version. ATM it is only going to PS3, but...and here is where it gets sticky...the PS3 may flop in the next 6 months, theres a higher than expected chance of it and publishers of course are the first to recognize the dangerous position Sony has put itself in. Right now the 360 is set in stone, in 2 years it will still be sold on store selves, however no matter who you are, you cannot put that kind of faith into the PS3 atm. So if you are a major developer and/or publisher that will be releasing a game in 6 months or more, you better have a console to release it on. With that being said, any publisher in this position would logically have a 360 version at some stage of development for the worst case scenario of the PS3 going under.

Then again I'd laugh pretty hard if the PS3 went under and took half its exclusive developers with it.

Now if you think that I am saying the PS3 is going down you put words in my mouth (figuratively). They are releasing in Europe in March and that is where I think we will see if the PS3 sinks or swims. It will be 4 months (plus) since its initial launch in the US and right now there are still units on the shelf, not good. I'm sure European gamers are already somewhat annoyed with Sony over the delay and with such a slow release schedule (only 5 new games coming out between now and March; Sonic, College Hoops, Virtual Fighter, F1 racing and Motostorm...and those are only slated for US and all available on the 360 except for Motostorm) Sony will have to pull all the stops to have a successful launch across the pond. If they can just stop lying so blatantly about their sales figures (claiming over a million units sold in the US while they haven't even shipped that many to this date) and maybe offer some kind of incentive they might have a fighting chance. I personally agree with Gabe Newell when he said they should just scrap the whole thing and go back to the drawing board, then again it probably won't help.

At the end of the day competition is what drives the economy. Without it we would still be playing pong. If MS loses its direct competition I expect to see some pretty lame games coming out in 2008/2009, so I'd rather have Sony stick around and do well.

Ah...so...Metal Gear Solid...I like the first one on the PS1...

Is this taking place at two separate times, like MG:S 2? I hear that Raiden's back, but he's supposed to be cool this time, and I got the feeling this game continued after MG:S 2...So now I'm totally confused.

I hear there's talk about an XBox 360 version...Shweet!

By the way, does anybody know where there's a good plot write-up of MG:S 3? I never could stand to finish it, I hated the play controls and camera angles, but I have played the Metal Gear series since the first one hit the NES and am really interested to know what I've been missing. I just can't seem to find a good summary.

Konami shot down rumor of 360 release

And here is your Snake Eater plot summary you lazy bum.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater SPOILER

Konami shot down rumor of 360 release

Of course they did..."Yeah...we have a secret 360 version we're toying with just incase the PS3 flops" doesn't go over very well with Sony

I'm gonna have to go with Mo on this one solely based on the fact that I would really like to play it and I don't foresee myself convincing the financial authority in my life that my "best behavior" warrants another console.