Hullo

SwOOp

Just thought I'd say "what's up" to all the regs here. I been looking for another server outside my home server that has a lot of the same qualities, skill, and sportsmanship. And after the past few days of playing and keeping up on the forums I like what I see.

My ping has been continually getting worse on my other server, it used to be 30-40, but over the past couple years routers have jacked my ping up to 100-120, which would still be playable except for the Packetloss and choke. I've been a co-admin there for around a year and a half now, so now when I do play it is mostly to monitor for cheaters, keep the unpleasant folk out, and to just try and have some fun with the familiar faces.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better. Happy fragging.

The server is called Goop, the website can be reached at www. goopster.net or www.goop.n3.net . It is ran by a med student from UKY who is almost ready to go into the field. He is putting in 16 hour days at the hospital and still manages run this server in his spare time. He amazes me with the level of commitment he has shown throughout his schooling, to running this server, keeping it cheat free, and putting up with the crud that inevitabaly comes with running a server. If this server is full and you guys can't get in sometime you may want to give it a try I.P. 128.163.23.44:27015 FF is off, you must have the new Cheating Death module running to play. It is an 18 person server and much like this place is full throughout the day.

Yes cheating death is good, but I think nothing hurt server admins as bad as when Punkbuster stopped. The screen capture shot that they had was an invaluable tool for catching cheaters. "A picture says a thousand words" ;) Actually I am surprised none of the other anti-cheat programs have added this feature to their programs.

It's cheater log, you can find it here: Cheater Log

Problem is, it must be installed on the server, not just loaded via dll's. Which may be trouble to install if it's through a commercial hosting service.

But, it takes pics of what the client sees. Screenshots on their site show it in action.

Mr. X, do you know any servers currently using this program? We were talking about this the other day and were curious as to how oftern it is updated and how stable it is.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

x is ur avatar just a bunch of random shooting? j/w, looks cool though.

BTW, welcome SwOOp! :)

The avatar is a scene from MCC4 Championship of a DOH guy getting a headshot, although it's too small to tell. Still thought it turned out to be neat tho.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

oo, actually, i see it now!