How to project a game or scores, during a LAN party

w1red

Hello all,

I may be hosting a LAN party in a room with a large video projection screen. I'd like to use it to output possibly the scores, or a spectator of the game, or something like that. I know, projecting the game causes people to know where other players are. I just want something i could plug in and let go on its own.

Is there a mod or some kind of program that it could be used to play scores in real time? Or perhaps other types of things useful for LAN besides just powerpoint slides or announcements.

How do you use projection in your LAN parties, if, you have ever used it? Maybe I haven't thought of a clever way to use one.

I don't need advice on how to hook it up physically, thats a no-brainer as I'm quite the A/V geek. I just need practical uses of one in a LAN setting.

Thanks,

Ian

I forgot to mention it will be 99% CS:S only. The 1%, wolfenstein 3D? Just kidding.

You can just blind the spec computer (using admin tools), you will still be able to view the scores.

How does one keep the scores up without holding the tab key down with a paper weight? :blink:

You can just blind the spec computer (using admin tools), you will still be able to view the scores.

How does one keep the scores up without holding the tab key down with a paper weight? :blink:

prolly easier to use a paper weight :P

otherwise you can write some weird bind, but just put a stapler on it :P

Put "+showscores" in console ("-showscores" to remove it again). Any command that you do by holding in a key can be switched on and off this way. e.g. +speed (walk), +attack (fire on full auto), +showbudget (see what specifically is slowing you down).