Visiting Tampa Area

appalachian_fox

I will be in the Tampa area real soon and am looking for suggestions for things to do. As I understand it, I should be right in the heart of "downtown". Anyone been around and know what's up? I will not have a car, so if I can't get there by walking or public transit, I can't get there.

Thanks!

Sweet! I'm actually looking for anything that can kill some time, evening or day. I'm near Harbor Island and all I know of is the Channelside place which is pretty small and not really noteworthy (but close by!) and the Aquarium, which I am going to Thursday night as part of that conference thingie. I hear there's a WWII merchant vessel that's now a museum, so I figure I'll see that as well.

Ybor city looks to be easily accessible by streetcar, so score!

minnneSOda? Sure, I'd love to, but my travel to Tampa is business related. I wouldn't come here otherwise. Florida's too hot for my tastes and I don't care for sand.

Tomorrow evening we get the local aquarium all to ourselves for a reception, with food and drinks. No word on whether or not we will be fishing, but there is no dress code so I imagine while business casualish is expected swimsuits are not forbidden.

Also, they have Spider Man 3 in Imax here. $11, which is $9 more than I like to pay to see a movie but only $3 more than I actually pay when I get "dragged" out back home, so I'm really tempted.

I mean, it's Spider Man 3. It's gotta be good...right?

*snoops around the other forums for SM3 reviews*