anybody know adobe premiere?

TheGeek

I'm having a problem with a pixelation of my transitions when making a rather large slide show.

This video speaks for itself. (sorry, didnt compress it yet)

http://www.system-32.com/files/slideshow.avi

First I thought it was my codecs doing it, nope.

Then I thought my computer is not powerful enough to do this, maybe.

Then I thought it was my transitions not getting enough time to do their thing, maybe.

One thing is for sure, even while editing them, I can see that the transitions are NOT smooth and are a little jumpy and glitchy.

Its a 381 picture slide show with music and pictures with transitions on every one.

system specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2500 1.8ghz

1 GB ram

Nvidia 6600 GT

32 gig's free on hard drive.

Any suggestions? I mean ANY. I'm at wits end.

(edited)

Here are my thoughts on your plight - and to clarify I'm not a certified pro or anything, and I didn't download your file because it would take too long and I'm lazy :P

1. Adobe Premier (and After Effects, for that matter) use boatloads of RAM. It's possible that you are hitting the ram ceiling during rendering of the transitions.

2. Your processor isn't the fastest by any means. For what it's worth, I've made more complex compositions w/o problem with a Pentium D 930 @ 3.2GHz

3. The speed of transition shouldn't be too much of a problem unless they are REALLY fast transitions.

4. What is the quality of the pictures you are using for the slideshow? If you start off with borderline quality pics (or really really large ones that you've used handles to scale down) then you can get pixelation on any type of fancy animation.

#'s 1 and 4 seem the most likely causes at this point. I will tell you that when rendering some animated scenes and blue screen effect sequences in After Effects, I consistently am using around 60% of my available RAM (which is 2GB). I can't promise that this is the cause of your problems, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to put more in there.

glhf

Edited by boilersax

The pictures are all the same resolution and same aspect ratio. I am thinking that I am hitting the peak of my computers ability. I am considering bringing the project file over to my friends 64 bit system. BUT! If I do that, then I will have to tell premiere where every file is.

(since the files wont be in c:docs and settings\geek profile\pictures, it would be in c:docs and settings\friend profile\pictures) And premiere will ask for every single file instead of asking where the folder is. :(

Okay, update. I made a .m2v and .mpa files out of it. (they offer awesome quality but separate the audio and the video :unsure: )

My friends computer didn't disappoint. It rendered and made the .m2v and the transitions are flawless.

I'm going to be adding the video and audio together into an avi tonight. Wish me luck!