The Darkness

anonymo

Anyone try it out yet? I grabbed it yesterday. It's made by the same studio that brought us "The Chronicles of Riddick" which was a small masterpiece considering it was a movie game.

Anyways, the graphics are nice. Starbreeze really has their shadows down pat, which adds so much to a game in which you spend most of your time shooting out the lights so you can use your darkness powers.

I love running around in the shadows and using your little demon arm to sneak around a corner and bite an enemy's face off...very satisfying. You don't really have to sneak all that much either, you can run and gun but you might find yourself surrounded pretty quick when in the light (it felt very balanced).

The aiming and shooting mechanics are very satisfying too. Lots of blood and great physics makes whatever method you choose to dispose of your enemies quite a treat. There are also multiple methods of reaching your goals. Basically they tell you one way of doing something, or just give you a mission and you can figure out a way of accomplishing it.

All in all a pretty cool game. I haven't tried the multiplayer yet so maybe tonight I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

It looks very interesting from the previews and "hands-on" things I have seen and read.

I'd like to hear what others think of it too. With a new house (and accompanying mortgage) things are tight now, so it's hard to justify $60 on a game, especially with Halo 3, GTA IV, and stranglehold all coming out late summer/fall. :(

It looks very interesting from the previews and "hands-on" things I have seen and read.

I'd like to hear what others think of it too. With a new house (and accompanying mortgage) things are tight now, so it's hard to justify $60 on a game, especially with Halo 3, GTA IV, and stranglehold all coming out late summer/fall. :(

Second mortgage time! (yeah, withing a month of moving in...CHAMP! lol)

Overlord

Project Sylpheed

Two-Worlds

MotoGP'07

Stranglehold

Madden'08

Bioshock

Dynasty Warriors - Gundam

Tiger Woods'08

all before September...and those a just the confirmed releases! With a second mortgage you could get a 65" 1080p plasma, accompanying surround sound system and leather lazy-boy recliner! DOOO EET!

I would also have to use the second mortgage to pay for a good divorce lawyer, and then to replace the other half of my stuff that she takes with her. you forgot about that :biglaugha:

Oh yeah, I forgot Madden '08 will be out in August as well.... I'd better start setting some money aside if I want to get the ones on my "must have" list!

I also read the IGN review of The Darkness and it looks pretty fun, although they do mention that the storyline/difficulty stays fairly flat throughout, which would be a little disappointing to me.

I would also have to use the second mortgage to pay for a good divorce lawyer, and then to replace the other half of my stuff that she takes with her. you forgot about that :biglaugha:

Sounds like killing 2 birds with one stone :freak:

It's one of those games that if you have a good feel for the game and are an experienced gamer it might seem easy on anything but hard. Theres a lot of stuff going on and yes, it is kind of easy with your powers, but on hard the enemies are pretty brutal and you have to be kind of inventive in how you avoid and take them out.

You coming to FF boiler? I'll be taking my collection with me