Amazing marble machines.

ConGregation

I came across this website. He has some very ingenious woodworking projects. I find them fascinating since I enjoy working with wood and I really enjoy clever stuff. At his site he has two 'marble machines'

Marble Machine 1

This one is pretty neat. Runs on a motor. I really liked the xylophone part. There is a youtube video at the bottom of the page.

Marble Machine 2

This one is awesome. Again, a youtube link at the bottom. I love the wooden gears. In fact, my son and I are going to try to make one using gears like that. I have some ideas that I think will make it easier to cut by using the same principle as a box joint jig. We already cut the circles out of 3/4" plywood now I have to make the jig.

On a side note. Check out his pipe organ (yes he made a pipe organ totally out of wood and from scratch) But you HAVE to check out his binary adding machine. Talk about ingenious!

Then I cam across This guy's website. Awesome stuff and if you like 20's jazz/blues even better. As far as his contraptions go you have to watch his

WAY COOL! Don't miss the
. While not a 'wooden machine' it is pretty cool. But as far as 'marble machines' go...

While the video is not very high quality the machine is still great!

1kin.jpg

Edited by ConGregation

if someone can make one that made music that'd be coool

That is doable. Make it on the principle of the the player piano with notches that trip a 'hammer' that hit a certain tone. There would be other ways too but that sounds simple and came to mind first.