The Live CD Collection

I am going to continuously update and upgrade this CD for work use and make it available for anyone else who wants to use it. I've updated it as of today with the latest definitions for Adaware SE and McAfee antivirus. All of the images I provide will be compressed using the 7-zip format and the program is completely free (and open source) and works with RAR files and zip files too. You can find that here: http://www.7-zip.org

Bart PE image w/ McAfee, Ghost8, Wireshark, AdAware SE, and other useful software for Virus/spyware cleaning and network monitoring. Extra Drivers for network connections (not wireless) and Firefox is also provided.

Updated: 07/20/2007

The ISO is here: http://www.thecomputerninja.info/livecd/pebuilder2.zip

More images to come later for Linux live cd's and possibly FreeBSD. I am working on building my own and possibly Bart PE will be replaced although there is no reason to since it does what it needs to do as is. Linux is a little more difficult.

Edited by ZeroDamage

Something's wrong with me. I've never felt this way about a man before, but...but I think I...love you.

:hug:

I use Ghost relatively frequently and Ethereal (Wireshark) is very useful for troubleshooting. I don't imagine you would have use for a debugger as well? That would be nice, but I don't know if that would be useful in your work.

I am just pulling what is available as plugins for Bart PE. Some are better than others and I am looking to keep it a small file for download. It is around 350MB before compression. I also do not want to overly bloat the cd so no one can use it. I will look though to see if there is a debugger for Bart PE.

The purpose of the over all CD is emergency virus and spyware cleanup. It is also for semi-forensics with the wireshark application on it. There is also a hexeditor installed for the same purpose although each does its own thing: wireshark is a realtime network packet monitor and the hexeditor is used to see the files in hex format. Ghost is on there for imaging and the other stuff is on there for convenience and other uses. I have a better cd for forensics purposes (Helix).

Ahh, that sounds like a good idea to have all that on one cd.

I will check it all out.

What sort of files will you need to look at in Hex?

Forensics purposes mostly. You can see what is really in a file and what type of file it actually is by the file header, etc. Lots of stuff.

I updated the BartPE Live CD Today. I added an app called "Dependency Walker" which is as close as I could find for a debugger. I hope it works for you.

This will be my last update for a while. Contact me through xfire if you need anything as I will not be available on these forums for a while. xfire: zerodamage