Error on map changes

Magruter

I'm getting a C++ error on map changes. Something about hl2.exe not being able to load a map.

I can get into the on some maps, office, cbble, d2... ...But other; nuke, mill, and inferno i can't.

Any ideas?

It use to be vertex error, that said something about DX8. I've been getting it ever since zblock was put on the server....

Yes i have the latest drivers,

I've done the restart steam thing, didn't work... Everytime i get the error it kicks me out of the game and i have to shut down restart steam.

How do i update direct X?

I completely cleaned my system out of anything CSS yesterday, so hopefully that will fix the problem.

you were getting a dx8 error?

Are you running dx8? Is there a reason ( like ancient video card)?

If you arent running dx9 and can, add this to your launch properties for css

dxlevel -90

run the game once.

Exit game

delete that from the launch properties

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! I started getting this last week too...started with C++ Runtime Error and now alternates between that and a "datacache.dll" error...I've tested my memory extensively and it's all fine...this is bugging the heck out of me...

Things I tried:

-updating .Net framework (mine had been upgraded to 2.0beta without me even knowing about it...good to check out)

-updating/finding stable drivers...newest drivers are not always the best way to go

-updating direct x

-getting rid of google toolbar (seriously...I don't even know how I got it in the first place)

-shutting down all unnecessary processes

-scanning and removing all viruses/spyware etc...

-removing the trophy fish from inside my case

-verifying game cache

-reinstalling steam

-updated every single driver in my PC

-formatting hard drive and reinstalling XP

-removing anything plugged into the last PCI slot on my mobo (this actually was causing problems...sigh)

Nothing is working...I'm leaning toward my power supply dying over anything at this point...my PC is exactly the same as it was 2 months ago when CSS worked flawlessly

I wish i remembered what I did... It was pretty simple too. bah!

I seem to remember having similar problems when I first got source...but I can't remember what I did...I feel like I've done everything and nothing works...I've scowered steam's forums, AMD's forums, Asus's forums, WD's forums and even nVidia's...nothing...lots of people with the same similar problems but no solutions (other than some special dotnetfix from MS but you have to request it from their support people and they don't...uh...support me, y'ar)

Thanks tomatoes...actually yesterday I had no problems whatsoever and the last thing I did was move my M-Audio card from the last PCI slot up a couple slots (its the only PCI card I have). Everything was working fine and my system even seemed to be running like it used to! I'm going to have a hard time ever buying another Asus mobo again...