Warfare -how many players for a good team?

bushwack

Teams of 6 in Onslaught seems like a good number for TWL matches. I don't know who came up with it but it seems to work. What about Warfare? It may not be the case, but it sounds like it could demand a more players with the side quests. Any ideaz what the player count should be on the average map for a good time? For best playability I think a sever should max out at 16-18 in ONS but who knows more for Warefare? Or am I just imagining the maps being that much larger?

It has been stated that warfare maps are designed for appox 12 v 12 matches (24 slot server) though the game could scale to 32 v 32 if you have the hardware.

Mind you, a 64 slot server would be just slightly cost prohibitive...

The demo will reveal all but we will probably hit that 12 v 12 bit once we get rolling if that is what everyone expects; new membership should easily handle the extra expense.

This is provided there is no "ranked server" nonsense - Epic has been pretty good in this regard though so I doubt they would go down that path (which would add approx $1.50 per person to the server cost).

-Fk

I've been plugging GC on servers lately. I don't want to be one of those annoying doods...but, publicity you know.

Have we ever considered flyers? :biglaugha:

I would love 12 v 12. I think that would give us more of the "zero time to spectacle" or whatever phrase they keep using. I have to keep reminding myself that it is still 2 months to demo...with fingers crossed.