superbad... is supergood?

Fairweather

I already reviewed this movie before the forums died...

Anyways here's my short review:

3/4 Stars

I got to see it about a month ago as an early screening in Chicago. The 3 main actors from the movie were also at the premiere so I got to meet them after the movie was over and get their autographs. I enjoyed the film a lot expect for the fact that its not oringial at all. The jokes were great, but I'm getting tired of the same old "high school boys need to lose their virginity before high school is over" plot.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched it on Friday night with my wife, thought it was absolutely superb. One of the funniest movies I've seen in several years.

I'm tired of "American Piealikes", personally I thought the way this was put together, the humor, acting and it's going to sound strange, but the "maturity" etc. put this in a different class to those movies and that it shouldn't be tainted by being put in the same plot category as them.

I liked the first couple American Pie movies, Roadtrip, Eurotrip etc. but they're real "leave your brain at the door" movies, Superbad had some similar humor but there was a lot you had to pay attention for in order to actually get. I didn't actually walk out the theatre feeling that brain cells had died.

This "Superbad = pron" I just don't get..........

I saw the movie a few days ago and enjoyed it. Didn't find it hilariously funny but I found it funny. One thing though really annoyed me. Usually i dont care about swearing but the character "Seth" was just goin all out in this movie, kind of got annoying at some points. The plot line was funny. The whole McLovin storyline was hilarious.

A friends g/f is friends with Michael Cera's (Evan) sister in really life. She says he's actually like that in real life...very reserved and shy. Haha I just thought it was good acting...guess not.

So who here in this community is one of those 8% kids? :laughcry:

TheGeek is...

and now he's going to have to see the movie to know what we're talking about :wiggle2:

Read the reviews, both good reviews and bad. The content they cover in that movie is not something I am ever going to see.

• 2 months later...