I've been growing in a new direction in my walk with God, and wanted somewhere to share it. I (for the first time) read Fatty's blurb at the top of this forum, and thought that it'd be a great place to post up! Here goes...

Lately (in the last month or so) I've been thinking and seeing God as my Father more than I used to. I mean, I address Him as Father, and to some degree make the connection as the word father we use as a symbol of God's relation to us, but it's taken on a deeper meaning for me lately. I'll start a little further back in my childhood.

Right now I'm only 23, a young pup compared to some of you, I know. But when I was in the early highschool age and just younger, some unpleasant things happened to my sisters where we used to work (abuse). I would do firewood, they would clean the house for this older guy around the age of 65 or so. It's me and 5 younger siblings, me then 3 girls, then 2 boys. ANYWAY...

As I grew up, I began to think to myself that my problems were not important, because in my high school mind, they were not near as big as the problems that my sisters were facing. So I began to think "my problems dont matter to anyone, cause everyone seems to have bigger problems than me". Well, in some instances that may be the case, but I missed out on God's heart in all of that. Bear with me, my thoughts will get clearer as you continue to read :)

My mother is american, so she cant work up here in canada, and my dad is in forestry and a trapper, so with 6 kids there's only so much time you have to juggle supporting them and spending time with them. My dad is awesome, and I'm SO thankful for him, but since I could see how much time he spent supporting us and how hard he worked for us (I'm talking 16 hour days 5 days a week, plus a 12 hour day of trapping on saturdays, plus building a new house for us), I never wanted to burden him or my mom with my problems, so I started to keep them all to myself. I mean, it seemed as though if love was to be invested, it should be into my sisters because they needed it more than I did. For what we had as kids growing up, my parents did an AWESOME job and I'm very thankful, by the way, this is not about them at all.

Anyway, that view I had of my family, especially my father, with juggling time to spend with me because he delighted in me, it translated over into my view of God as my Father. None of us comes out and says it, but I wonder how many Christian men can say with 100% certainty that God delights in them as beloved sons. He actually DELIGHTS in us. Of course not because we're so good or any of that nonsense, yet He delights all the same.

Maybe this is old news to you guys, maybe it's not. But God is revealing Himself to me in a new light - He actually delights in me and gets excited to talk to me and takes interest in the things I take interest in. It's unbelievable really. How someone so perfect and good and powerful and majestic would take the time to consider me and my rediculously selfish and arrogant ways. God's so amazing.

• 5 months later...

I didnt want to make a new post for this, but I really wanted to say it.

Guys, I love God so much. He's so great! I dont deserve ANYTHING He gives me, but He loves to give all the same. I am very excited lately because He's been showing more of Himself to me, and making it very clear that He loves me in the day to day routines of life. Man He's great. Amen?

• 4 weeks later...

Dark, though we see different the end of things, I agree with you whole heartily.

Jesus is our Father and for us to deny his love for us is for a son to hate his dad.

As you grow Dark, someday you will (probably) have children and then you will

know that God's love is TRULY unconditional. That alone is enough for a dad

to rest upon God with; it's amazing how much we can love our little ones.

Aug