Two Worlds

anonymo

LEV!!! I saw you playing last night!! I'm having a blast so far, obviously there are some bugs they need to work out but I've heard there is a patch on it's way (late November tho).

Anyways...what do you think so far Lev? I'll be hitting the online tonight I think if my buddy can get his copy from EB.

Didn't get to play too much but a few observations.

After an initial "disc not readable" error, I did get it up and running.

The voice acting, wow, I feel like I'm playing a dubbed Japanese movie voiced over by Stephen Hawking and William Shatner. (Which in it's own way is very cool)

It can get quite choppy if you use one of the more "zoomed out" view modes.

Love the combat, seems to have a reasonably solid story, haven't tried a teleport yet, but seems like a pretty cool function.

Wolves, wolves, wolves everywhere, I believe at one point I had a pack of about 20 chasing me, oh and I ran into a dragon type thing that did a very unpleasing one hit kill on me.

However, I think I've died, 3-4 times, and I have to say, I love the automatic save/regeneration points, really great idea.

I think I'll get quite into it, just didn't get enough time with it yesterday.

Edit:

I've read a few online reviews of it, and it seems a lot of people have been put off by the first 30 minutes of the game, in fact, i think a lot of copies are going back.

I must be honest, I played probably not much more than 30 minutes last night and I wasn't hugely impressed, but I could see more promise in continuing the game than returning it. I don't see how 30 minutes gameplay with an RPG can exactly yield a fair and balanced opinion.

Edited by Leveller

With large draw distances, (i.e. in the furthest zoomed out third person view), it wasn't exactly smooth. That did improve over time.

In heavy combat with a pack of animals (6 or more) you could tell the fps dropped off, but not to an "unplayable" level.

They have a lot of tuning to do from what I can see. I wouldn't say I regret the purchase, but I do feel like it's another "rushed to shelf" game that will probably improve with a couple of patches.......

As I mentioned above, that is based on initial impressions (I've barely started playing it, just started to get a hang of the controls etc.), I have heard some people say it smooths out dramatically after an hour or so of play, but that shouldn't really be needed.

Supposedly you can bring up the console in the 360 version by holding RB+LB and pushing A and then hitting X to bring up a keyboard menu.

Now somewhere there are commands that can do things like remove the grass and such which I've read can improve performance but I can't seem to find any commands like that, just cheats (which have been confirmed to disallow achievements).

Playing yesterday I didn't really notice any issues with the game other than it sometimes having to do a double load (what looks like it's loading twice).