360 wireless adapter trouble

EbilDustBunny

So lol after tech bashing the xbox tech support guy for 50mins... after he said static ip constantly changes, didn't know the difference between physical address and mac address and concluded my modem is not compatible. Well I guess I just hung on to a glimmer of hope he might have some information that I clearly missed... like flip on the "ON switch" or something stupid like that but it was just a waste of time.

I have a SB5100 Motorola Modem and a D-Link DGL-4300

Network is a regular WEP setup... ports for xbox live opened

My computer has a static IP

When I look at the listed wireless device connected... it shows the MAC addresses for my dad's PC, my laptop, and the 360 BUT under IP for the xbox it says "Unknown"

I never seen that before...

So I've tried manually inputing the IP, Subnet and gateway with my ipconfig stuffs nothing... changed the ip and nothing.

---------------

I dunno what stumps me is why my 360 isn't getting an IP. I mean my Wii just needs a wep address then it's good to go. I don't want to run a 40" cable across the house to play 360.

Edited by EbilDustBunny

sounds like you're not authenticating. have you tried disabling wep on the router and and 360? if that works, leave wep disabled and just mac filter. if someone can mac spoof, they can crack your wep.

i don't own a 360, but do they support wpa/wpa2? i'd be happy to do some testing, just send me your console and xbox live acct info. thx!