Installation Story

Shropshire Slasher

K.

I've had a Comcast Cable modem for 5 years now. Actually, it was AT&T back when I signed up...

Anywho... I switched my phone over to Comcast voice. They came on Thursday to install.

First of all, i'm saving 15 bucks off my cable modem for having multiple services. Plus, the phone service will be substantially cheaper than what I paid for both phone/long distance with AT&T and IDT.

So bonus there.

Well, the installer shows up. We do a quick walkthrough and talk about where to put the phone modem. We agree on a location. As we talk, I ask him if this fancy modem will do phone AND data. He says yes. I offer to use it in place of my old linksys modem. he says, good idea, since the new modems are faster and have speedburst and other features. Cool says I.

Then I ask him about the cabling outside the house, which has had an existing issue for several years. He's like, no problem... Let me go run a new line from the street. 5 minutes and the guy fixes a problem that has been there for 4 years.

In short, I'm pushing 6Mb on a bad day, and 10+Mb off peak for downloads, and 1.5Mb upload. :)

Problem is, now I've got no excuse for sucking at CS:S... :freak3: