Great hosting site, friends company

shep48

If your friend isn't marketing to a subset of Internet users, he (or she) may want to clean up the images. They look unprofessional (the word bubbles, for instance) and it is already apparent from his caption that people think he's misspelled his dialog. These are potential customers who think he doesn't proofread his work. Will they be confident he can do other parts of his job, such as security, more rigorously? Clearly, it was not a mistake (it's a meme reference) and even though language ability should not be directly tied to technical expertise, many people don't see it that way. That's alienating potential customers.

Of course, if his target market is only people who get the meme, then he's spot on.

Of all the information he gives, I can not find how much space and bandwidth I would get if i were to use them.

I would also recommend he post up in the web hosting discussion forums. If he is has reliable service and the like, then he will be highly successful.

Time for some brutal honesty here. Those numbers look great, anyone would want that. Realistically, can a shared hosting company do 350+Gb of space and 3+ Terrabyte of bandwidth a month for just 9 bucks? The trend shows that they will start off strong, get a lot of customer's and start to realize they can not support those numbers, people will start getting bad performance and issues, and the company will start to lose money and go out of business. Seen it a thousand times.

Time for some brutal honesty here. Those numbers look great, anyone would want that. Realistically, can a shared hosting company do 350+Gb of space and 3+ Terrabyte of bandwidth a month for just 9 bucks? The trend shows that they will start off strong, get a lot of customer's and start to realize they can not support those numbers, people will start getting bad performance and issues, and the company will start to lose money and go out of business. Seen it a thousand times.

They'll be able to support that, just like all ISPs know that they can oversell their lines a certain amount. The reality is that everyone doesn't use their service all at the same time. In fact, probably most of their customers use virtually nothing. I've got huge limits on my web hosting and I use virtually nothing compared to that.

My Dreamhost account:

Total Bandwidth Provided: 4060 GB ($0.1/GB over)

Total Used So Far: 0.699 GB

Estimated Average Usage: 5.242 GB (at end of billing period)

Estimated Overage Charges: $0.00

I did the math and my account would have to average nearly 13mbps for me to get billed for bandwidth.

• 2 weeks later...