"Bad Names"

NorgmaN

After the whole banning Tookey for using "Inappropriate names" I let it go because I can understand your POV. However when someone else comes in with the name "DBag" and I say something about it, I get this response:

dedust20000ky6.th.jpg

(You can check logs on the brief conversation through ma_say)

Nothing is done at all. Limbcutter comes in as DTest Sicle, and an admin tells him to change it. I just want to know what names are appropriate and which aren't since obviously names like "DBag" are "Okay".

I was on at that time as well. I really have no idea what dbag means, or why its inappropriate. If it is a trully evil name, I'm sry I let slide. But I didn't see anything wrong with it, maybe I'm not up on the current lingo or something, but unless a name is obviously bad, I probably will not catch it heh :).

Shaftiel

Edit - Oh, now that I take more than a glancing look at it, I can see why it would be bad. Just didn't try and delve into the different meanings one could get from dbag.

Edited by shaftiel

DBag is defiantly not a "Lingo" word. Just found another one today that I guess could be controversial. I don't have a problem with it, but if you want a "Clean" server for the public, "Warning:Erection Problem" would probably be another one to look at. I even asked 4 times on Nuke today, and no response, there were probably 3 or 4 admins on at the time.

After the whole banning Tookey for using "Inappropriate names" I let it go because I can understand your POV.

You let what go??? Were you going to do something?

However when someone else comes in with the name "DBag" and I say something about it, I get this response:

dedust20000ky6.th.jpg

(You can check logs on the brief conversation through ma_say)

Nothing is done at all.

Good. Was the game being severely impacted? Was this person team killing? Cussing on the server? No?

Limbcutter comes in as DTest Sicle, and an admin tells him to change it. I just want to know what names are appropriate and which aren't since obviously names like "DBag" are "Okay".

Look - none of this is your job is it? None of this impacted you whatsoever - why are you posting in this forum?

Did the guy come in as dooschbag? No. Shall we ban folks coming in as Abag? BBag? Better to be safe. How about we take care of all "bags". And "sacks" too - just to "be safe".

Admins are responsible for maintaining a positive atmosphere. If this admin felt Dbag was benign enough at the time but felt Dtest wasn't what the hell is wrong with that?

Here - let me make it simple.

How about you try out some different names and see what happens? Really. Please do.

Admins, etc feel free to reopen this nonsense if you feel like.

-Fk