stock market

NOFX

anyone here active investors in the stock market? I just started about a month ago. I'm starting out somewhat small, but Im really liking it.

I'm even going to drop down the percentage going into my 401k and put that money into my stock account.

(edited)

I started investing into the stock market last November. It's very easy to do. I use Ameritrade (http://www.tdameritrade.com/welcome1.html) to trade stocks. It's a flat fee of $10 per trade, plus I had free trading the first three months after I opened my account. BTW, if anybody wants to open a new Ameritrade account, let me know before you do so I can get a referal. I'll make it worth the effort with some good stock tips ;)

My absolute favorite stock within my profile: CMG. Up over 116% (and rising) since I first invested :smillie_smilling:

Edited by YoMamma

before playing with any real money:

http://www.stocktrak.com/

think fantasy football for stock traders. it's pretty fun, with a lot less risk, but you still get those "holy crap i'm glad that wasn't real money" lessons. once you start leveling out, do the homework to see what kind of volume you're going to be doing, then get go accordingly.

(edited)
I want to become active in it... just don't know that much about it to start... got any good informative sites to start at?

Me and a buddy of mine at work looked into all the online accounts and we both thought Firstrade was the best to go with.

$6.95 a trade. I watched the market for a little while using Google Finance before I put money into anything. I was kinda nervous at first, I just went with my gut.

I've learned theres alot of ways to go about investing. So far I've only done short term stocks that I believe I could break even if I had to stay for the long run. So far, I think Im doing pretty well :)

I think LDK is lookin pretty good right now

Edited by NOFX

I don't know much about this company, but you may be right with this one. I'm just curious on why the stock dropped 30 something% in about a week. Personally, I prefer less ricky ventures; however, greater risk = greater return

I currently work in finance and would reccommend following the advice to be very careful at first. You can have your butt handed to you real quick if you do not know what you are doing and get antsy. Do research, go for long term success even if you are young (and not the big score), do not invest more money than you can afford to lose, DIVERSIFY!, see an advisor, do not trust everything you hear, NEVER PANIC, do not ignore tax deferred or roth savings, research, research, research, RESEARCH!

I have been doing my own investing for a bit now and it can be very time consuming and frustrating.

A show I absolutely love to watch is Mad Money on CNBC. Very entertaining and can give the casual investor some good ideas.

(edited)

I started noticing LDK last week. It dropped because a creditable source publish a wishy washy article. Where a disgruntled former employee said LDK's inventories were off. The stock dropped quite a bit and for that reason only. LDK has denied, did an internal investigation and tomorrow or thursday will release what an external or independent investigators have found it. Once its released and the panic sellers relax, I believe it will get near where it was.

I basically have my 401k diversified very well. My company stock almost did a 100% return since we got bought out and I think my 401k for the year is somewhere around 45% with 10% of my paycheck going in.

My online stock account is basically the money I had saved up sitting in my checking account.

I read Jim Cramers webpage. He said Sell HMY. I bought, I gained 20% and then got out.

Edited by NOFX

(edited)

Stock was sitting around 40 when I said this and bought in, its around 51 now, the 25% return is pretty darn good, Im expecting to see 100% with this by years end. I just wish I had more money to put into it.

Edited by NOFX