COD4 Map Rotation

Unclean

Hi folks!

Some of you have mentioned that you'd like to see a specific map rotation and/or gametype. Well here's your chance! Just come up with a list of maps and gametypes you'd like to see, and I'll convert it to the map rotation format. Just post up in a readable format like this:

1. TDM - bloc

2. HQ - crossfire

3. SABOTAGE - crash

If you were a founding member of the COD server (i.e. someone that paid), then your suggestions will get priority when the map rotation/game type is put together.

That doesn't mean that the rest of you shouldn't post your preferences -- we can always work out a happy medium! :)

Ok, I updated the map/gametype rotation. Here's what it is for right now:

TDM mp_backlot

TDM mp_bloc

TDM mp_bog

HQ mp_cargoship

HQ mp_citystreets

HQ mp_convoy

SAB mp_countdown

SAB mp_crash

SAB mp_crossfire

TDM mp_farm

TDM mp_overgrown

TDM mp_pipeline

HQ mp_shipment

HQ mp_showdown

SAB mp_strike

TDM mp_vacant

HQ mp_backlot

HQ mp_bloc

HQ mp_bog

SAB mp_cargoship

SAB mp_citystreets

SAB mp_convoy

TDM mp_countdown

TDM mp_crash

TDM mp_crossfire

HQ mp_farm

HQ mp_overgrown

HQ mp_pipeline

SAB mp_shipment

SAB mp_showdown

SAB mp_strike

TDM mp_vacant

There's only two things I don't like about that rotation.

1.) Shipment is a tiny map and impossible to do anything on with more than 4 people.

2.) HQ on the Cargo ship is no fun. The first HQ is always in the middle of the ship, that part isn't bad, but after that it spawns on either side of the ship. Since teams will be spawning on either side of the ship a team will spawn right on top of it. They capture it, the other team comes from the other side of the ship, kills all the defenders, destroys the HQ. Now, when the new HQ respawns it will be on the opposite side of the ship of where it just spawned, where the team who captured it last will now be spawning because the team that just destroyed the HQ will still be on the other side of the ship, since the game doesn't let teams spawn near each other. So the winning team always seems to stay winning unless the losing team gets lucky and manages too air strike all of the winning team so they spawn on the opposite side of the ship from the HQ or if they can suddenly gun them all down before they respawn. If this doesn't make sense I will draw a picture too explain it better.

Edited by VooDooPC

There's only two things I don't like about that rotation.

1.) Shipment is a tiny map and impossible to do anything on with more than 4 people.

2.) HQ on the Cargo ship is no fun. The first HQ is always in the middle of the ship, that part isn't bad, but after that it spawns on either side of the ship. Since teams will be spawning on either side of the ship a team will spawn right on top of it. They capture it, the other team comes from the other side of the ship, kills all the defenders, destroys the HQ. Now, when the new HQ respawns it will be on the opposite side of the ship of where it just spawned, where the team who captured it last will now be spawning because the team that just destroyed the HQ will still be on the other side of the ship, since the game doesn't let teams spawn near each other. So the winning team always seems to stay winning unless the losing team gets lucky and manages too air strike all of the winning team so they spawn on the opposite side of the ship from the HQ or if they can suddenly gun them all down before they respawn. If this doesn't make sense I will draw a picture too explain it better.

Agree with both points.

I've noticed that kind of issue on that one too. Not to mention when the computer is in the middle of the ship, it all comes down to a contest of who can kill each other first with nades (I'm looking at you, Mossad, you chucker :P ). Probably TDM would suit that map fine.

If this doesn't make sense I will draw a picture too explain it better.

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna need to see a picture. :)

And here's the revised rotation list:

TDM mp_backlot

TDM mp_bloc

HQ mp_bog

TDM mp_cargoship

HQ mp_citystreets

HQ mp_convoy

SAB mp_countdown

SAB mp_crash

SAB mp_crossfire

TDM mp_farm

TDM mp_overgrown

HQ mp_pipeline

TDM mp_shipment

HQ mp_showdown

SAB mp_strike

TDM mp_vacant

HQ mp_backlot

HQ mp_bloc

HQ mp_bog

SAB mp_cargoship

SAB mp_citystreets

SAB mp_convoy

TDM mp_countdown

TDM mp_crash

TDM mp_crossfire

HQ mp_farm

HQ mp_overgrown

HQ mp_pipeline

SAB mp_shipment

SAB mp_showdown

SAB mp_strike

TDM mp_vacant

Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

Alright, lets say this is the boat:

1.) First HQ pops up, everyone on both sides rushes towards it, spamming grenades along the way.

boat1.jpg

2.) A team captures it (in this case, green).

boat2.jpg

3.) Red kills all of green, and they destroy the HQ. Right when it's destroyed, green spawns in their spawn. On the other side of the boat.

boat3.jpg

4.) Here's where things get tricky, the HQ will either spawn on the red side or the green side, for this example I will use it spawning on the red side because green got the first HQ. Red already started on the middle of the boat when the new HQ spawned, so they will get there first. Green has to go from the other side of the boat.

boat4.jpg

5.) Green kills all of red and destroys the red HQ. Since green is now on the right side of the boat, their new spawn is on the right side of the boat and reds is on the left side of the boat.

boat5.jpg

6.) The HQ never seems to spawn on the same side of the boat more than once, so it will now spawn on the red side of the boat, the people who had it before.

boat6.jpg

When red captures the spawn, and green kills them, the spawns will switch again, now red will be spawning on the HQ again and green will be on the opposite side of the boat. This goes on and on pretty much until you get another middle HQ spawn. The match can easily be over before that happens because there's 2 HQ spawns on each side of the boat and then the middle one.

Edited by VooDooPC

Ok, playing with the map rotation is why the server went down before... so it's back to HQ only for now. Stay tuned for an updated list (if I can keep the server stable with that map rotation!)

And VooDoo, those illustrations were AWESOME. I lolled.