What does G.I. Joe really mean?

Playaa

Wow....

I would really like to know who specifically to write to about this, because changing G.I. Joe to some international goon is--well, disrespectful to a guy who really was a true American Hero.

I don't understand it; if they are so concerned with international feelings, why not simply make different members of the team from different countries? I mean, come on--it's not that hard. Also, why make the bad guy Scottish? The head of Cobra really never had a nationality...why not leave it that way?

I gotta say, I'm not usually the guy to stand up and scream at everyone who will listen that the US is the best place on Earth and we can do no wrong--because I don't believe that. Everyone makes mistakes--and even though I love my country, I know we're not without our vices. In any case, this is kinda like peeing on a dead war-hero's grave. It's just not right.

Wow....

I would really like to know who specifically to write to about this, because changing G.I. Joe to some international goon is--well, disrespectful to a guy who really was a true American Hero.

I don't understand it; if they are so concerned with international feelings, why not simply make different members of the team from different countries? I mean, come on--it's not that hard. Also, why make the bad guy Scottish? The head of Cobra really never had a nationality...why not leave it that way?

I gotta say, I'm not usually the guy to stand up and scream at everyone who will listen that the US is the best place on Earth and we can do no wrong--because I don't believe that. Everyone makes mistakes--and even though I love my country, I know we're not without our vices. In any case, this is kinda like peeing on a dead war-hero's grave. It's just not right.

afaik destro was scottish, and was the arms dealer referred to in the article. He supplied cobra, who's leader was an american