Weapons and Tactics

MaDPaT

I have learned a few things about sniper rifle

The sniper rifle is no lg. That said, there is some value to sniper rifle

Sniper rifle vs turret. Headshot kills gunner leaves turret intact. Can apply to manta and viper drivers but hard to land headshot

Sniper rifle can damage vehicles but need alot of ammo to do so. Avalanche has spare clips bottom of tower with sniper rifles at top of tower.

Knocking a person off hoverboard easy but shooting again while lying on ground does not seem to work. Shoot as they stand up works.

I'm glad you learned something from that cause I figured the sniper rifle was useless compared to the lg.

As a combat 1 v 1 it is useless.

Now as a sniper rifle...it works well if you can get head shots.

When I played the demo I was one shot killing people with the sniper rifle all over the ctf map with the bridge. The sniper rifle really worked great on that map... don't think it would work well on most of the other maps I have seen. It seemed like the sniper rifle had changed alot, before I couldn't hit anything with it, but on the demo it felt alot more like the rail gun from Quake 3. It even had the streak of color heh :)

Shaftiel

Edited by shaftiel

'Nother tip -

the sniper rifle works great (in avalanche) - if you are in the tower near your base you can reach out and

touch someone as they are either running to your prime (from the main center), or are spawning at the center.

I have found that headshots from an elevated psoition are a bit easier on manta drivers that are coming straight

at you (from a distance). At least, that is, until Pat scales the outside of the tower and runs you over :)

'Nother tip -

the sniper rifle works great (in avalanche) - if you are in the tower near your base you can reach out and

touch someone as they are either running to your prime (from the main center), or are spawning at the center.

I have found that headshots from an elevated psoition are a bit easier on manta drivers that are coming straight

at you (from a distance). At least, that is, until Pat scales the outside of the tower and runs you over :)

Can you believe the scavanger "ball of doom" can jump into the tower? All you have to do is go ball form to run over person sniping on the other side (Dingy) and out the other end or deploy blades to puree everyone in the avalanche tower. I had to sneak up on Dingy in scavanger cause he kept on shooting me in the head on hoverboard.

• 4 weeks later...