FRAPS with COD4

Tek-Almighty

Just dloaded COD4 from Steam (mistake...steam locked up 5 times and I finally got done dloading 24 hours later)

I cannot get FRAPS to work with the full game, although it worked with the demo and it works with all other games...ftw?

Also, anybody else dload thru steam? Should I update manually with patches or does Steam do it for me?

Thanks...

After I finish single player, and get the hang, I will join up on the server and get owned by you all.

well, in lieu of using FRAPS (bummer, since I paid for it) I am using console command

CG_drawfps 1

That works, but like much less than FRAPS

so far, can't get muliplayer to work, it says I do not have the current version of PB installed, yet I know I do...It keeps giving me the window to add games to PB, but COD4 is already installed there...

I probably will never buy a non-steam game on steam again...

doh.

I know PB is already there but update it anyway. PB is vital to this, the wrong version and you won't get anywere. Steam will do all the updating itself for you just like CSS. Also, remember that if you are using a firewall add COD4 to the accepted games list even if you have steam in it already. Hope some of this helps. Oh ya, DONT' FORGET TO ASK AROUND FOR HELP!!!!

I updated my version of PB one night and kept getting kicked because of two cvar commands set to the wrong value. I don't even know what the heck they do, so I played around with it for a bit now it works fine.

If you get kicked because of a cvar value is wrong, try finding the command in the console and setting it to "1". Should work if you're getting kicked because of those.

I forgot one thing, you have to turn off your community thing in steam. It is an overlay and PB has a problem with it. Try that and see what happens. I just thought of that one, it has been a problem lately with steam and PB