new to COD4

Demoner

I just got COD4 this past weekend so far I've been playing single player mostly. I did play a little bit on the gc server but not too much. I've been told to play through the single player before playing multiplayer. Generally question about the upgrades are they all from playing online or a combination of online play and single player? Being new and all I'd thought I'd ask if there is a point to playing single player mode other than to learn some of the maps.

Welcome welcome! :)

All of the upgrades are from online only. I did the single player first, and all it helps you do is learn the controls and a bit of the feel for the game. MP is much different, and outside of getting used to the controls, SP didn't help me at all. The biggest thing is to learn the maps in MP I'd say. That and the feel for the guns. That's taken me a while... :(

Still, fun game SP or MP :D

Yeah, dark is right on. The singleplayer is short, but it gets you into the story/theme of COD4. That's one of the main reasons why I personally suggest going through it first. Then you can work on getting all the goodies in MP.

(edited)

well i finished the single player last night and played a little multiplayer on gc only to die alot. Currently I'm lvl 8 so a long ways to go until I get some better weapons. Definitely going to play some free for all to try to level up faster. What is the martyrdom?

Edited by Demoner

well i finished the single player last night and played a little multiplayer on gc only to die alot. Currently I'm lvl 8 so a long ways to go until I get some better weapons. Definitely going to play some free for all to try to level up faster. What is the martyrdom?

I spotted you on there last night. You killed me too (not that that should make you proud at all, since it's a small feat). But I hunted you down and got you back :) I'm dark.gc

Martyrdom = teh suxorz

Nice seeing you online last night!