load screens and fun stuff

dragonfly

This might have been a topic already, but I was dinking around in the user.ini file the other day and came accross this:

[GUI2K4.UT2K4ServerLoading]
Backgrounds=2k4Menus.Loading.loadingscreen1
Backgrounds=2k4Menus.Loading.loadingscreen2
Backgrounds=2k4Menus.Loading.loadingscreen3
Backgrounds=2k4Menus.Loading.loadingscreen3

Note on the last line the 4 is actually a 3... change it to a 4 and you'll get a new load screen. Fun eh?

Too much time one someone's hands....

Honestly, I was looking for the server fps cap code to set loose my gpu above 80fps and came across it. I also remembered reading it in the A.S.S forums.

Your using a LCD right? So as far as I know it won't really help you unless you turn vsync off and that's just not acceptable.

That's why I went back to CRT. Sure It's not as big but they look better and response is true. I'm glad to have my hit scans back.

I've been playing on a TAM server and noticed it's capped at 85 even though I'm running at 100hz refresh. I feel robbed but I guess they do that to save bandwidth.

I dont care, I just want my fps anyway. Besides, I'm not even sure if I have vsync on for 2k4, cause I'm not sure if you can turn it on without doing a custom setting for 2k4 in your drivers...

Use the nVidia control panel and under Manage 3d settings force vsync on, it locks it on for all applications. Try it both ways Dark and see what is best for you but your LCD is the limiting factor here. I run UT locked at 100 and it's smooth as ice but with vsync off I'm getting 150+ but the screen is so shredded that it looks and feels like 40. Just break down and get a CRT Dark, I know your love it. :peace:

lol

I did that before Bush. My screen doesnt shred for that game very much, but I just wanted to see the actual fps that I was pushing out. I think in single player vs 24 bots I was getting ~500 in a DM map, dipping to 200 every once in a while. Connecting screens show 2000fps :)

I can just do a custom vsync for UT2004, as well as turn on some AA/AF to make it prettier. Just too lazy right now.