Game Issues

Can't get CSS to load, keeps giving me the error above; right before it would normally join the server. Crysis also has an issue where the game flickers in and out.

I have tried to fix this by; performing windows updates, updating directx, and installing updated videocard drivers. Nothing has worked, I even ran 3dmark06 to make sure it was a graphics card issue.

any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks

Yes, I uninstalled this time :)

I did not find google too helpful, other than other people are also having the problem. Steam forums has a page about what to do: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article...=5204-UOSN-9830

However, I haven't made any changes to my anti-virus software, changed any graphics settings, nor installed any other programs. Last night I tried changing the resolution to 600X480 but that also failed. Not sure how much good would come from deleting my css game cache since the problem is also affecting crysis.

thanks

you're right. if you didn't change anything system wise then there isn't much point trying too much. looks like it's format and re-install time. if that doesn't fix it then you know you have a hardware problem.

Steam automatically updates, and with the installing vid drivers my comp was restarted several times (and thus steam). Can it still be a hardware issue if 3dmark06 ran fine, score was 5500 and was 5900 when new?

Can't get CSS to load, keeps giving me the error above; right before it would normally join the server. Crysis also has an issue where the game flickers in and out.

I have tried to fix this by; performing windows updates, updating directx, and installing updated videocard drivers. Nothing has worked, I even ran 3dmark06 to make sure it was a graphics card issue.

any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks

Have you tried forcing it to use a lower D3D level than 9? Look on the steam forums for how to select a different D3D version.

Steam added some D3D10 support in the most recent update. Potentially could have caused other problems.

CS runs fine, but COD4 doesn't. I did not try forcing it to a lower dx level, because whats the point of having a decent video card, if its running at a subpar level? I did delete the video card when in safe mode, and reboot and install but that failed also. Going to try and give ati a call tom since they close at 5:30 est.

Well got it running; ended up doing a system restore while in safe mode back to the beginning of may and then updating everything again. I guess i am back to the old video card driver, but gonna leave it at that.