AMD 3800+ X2 CPU 939

bushwack

I have a Athlon 64 3800+ X2 939 asking $60 shipped. Seems they selling for around $90 plus shipping on ebay.

Here's the catch, my system failed to boot one day a few months ago. I powered up the system but no beep and no video. I salvaged everything but the mobo and cpu and made a new system and all is honky dory. The system was stable up until it died and I had it o/c'ed to 2.4 and the temps never got over 62c running Prime on both cores using a Arctic Freezer 7.

I figure the motherboard died but if you get this CPU and it doesn't work I'll refund your money plus $10 to ship it back. I could also throw in the cooler but you wouldn't have to return it (it's kinda big). I could also send the mobo if you want for some extra shipping, it's a Biostar T-force4 SLI NF4 no need to return also.

Not a bad chip if you have an old single core 939 system and want to breath a little more life into it without ripping your system apart.

That is very uncertain man. Can't you do a little more testing to guarantee a good part?

I think he explained why that's a no go...

I'd buy it but I generally can't wait for stuff in the mail...plus I'm not sure if it would really breathe that much life into my ODD(on death's door) system