Diablo III

Allanon

But if you spend the $60 on a ps3 or XBox 360 or Wii game you can play the game for ever, or until you lose the disk, console explodes, whatever. Same with your basic pc game. You have to add the initial cost of the the game into your price. Honestly, how many games would you go to the store and shell out $120 for? I'm thinking none. The publishers are robbing us blind. It'd be the same as my company telling our customers they can get their shirts printed for $12.00 and then an additional $1.00 per month to wear them. If they don't pay the monthly fee, they can't have them anymore until they do. How long do you think we'd be in business?

Think before you plunk down your hard earned cash..... Steam doesn't charge for their services, think they're hurting for cash? Why should we pay Blizz, or any other publishers for the right to play the games we bought?

I think this isn't exactly an apples-to-apples comparison. Subscription-based games are typically much more complex than free-to-plays. Plus you get in-game customer support, much more frequent game updates, new content, etc. When is the last time you got in-game support from Steam? Or when was the last CS:S content update? :) Oh, and hosting thousands of players on multiple servers isn't cheap either. It's not like we're providing our own like CS, UT, etc.

With that said, I wouldn't say we're being "robbed blind". Servers aren't cheap, and customer service reps aren't either. Nor are developer teams improving and releasing new content all the time.

If that tshirt company washed my shirts for me and provided different sleeves and color changes, I'd pay $1/month for that. :D

• 4 weeks later...