Diablo III

Allanon

Poop Yah!

http://eu.blizzard.com/diablo3/media/index.xml

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/

http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?f...p=1post86

Bad news however

Here's some rumored info from an IGN VIP:

-The new Battlenet will be announced. It will feature a $20/month subscription model, and that $20 will give you access to all three (yes three) Blizz games, stat tracking across all three games, a blogging/armory section for all games, etc... Steamlike functionality as well.

-Standalone WoW subscription drops to $13/month

-Diablo 3 announced with some sort of strange online model. Free single-player, full fledged Diablo game, with a Guild-Wars-esque online and random content areas. $5.00 month online fee, and characters are stored server side amongst other perks.

-Other than upgraded graphics, and some new elements and new class. This game will have VERY SIMILAR play style/feeling compared to Diablo 2.

Putting all the information I have given so far in a SINGLE post.

Yes I know my account is on the line. But what the heck, RIGHT?

I have a good friend from college that's now working in blizzard (no not diablo 3 though).

I payed for his dinner for him to tell me wth is that screen for and what he told me was what i posted earlier.

Diablo 3

2 classes playable and some what developed

barbarian

witch doctor (cross of sorc/necro)

There's gonna be a trailer at WWI, however the annoucement very likely will not be at the front of the event. likely a ending ceremony thing.

Witch Doctor:

witch doctor can cast and summon. however his specialty comes from what he can cast ON the summon.

basicly morph the pet on the go

Barbarian:

Barb has some changes.

They got charge (paladin had it in D2)

Also the Leap is improved

They also got some kind of ground slaming ability that will disarm shield.

However,

It's very likely they don't end up calling it barb. However WW and Leap was shown also... so at least some simularity

About the splash page:

I was told that the eye is suppose to resemble diablo. However they don't want to make it too obvious and still need to create more suspense in the air.

Important new element:

Blizzard had improved net code a lot. This time around they are putting a lot of focus on ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE. You can attack a wall and make it fall. It will damage the enermy. Basicly this means that environmental damage is not only cosmetic, but part of the game play =)

Still on the rumor mill but I I swear if Blizzard does what Flagship studios did to Hellgate London I will be very disappointed... and having to pay to play Starcraft II? No wai!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I used to love Blizzard up until Warcraft 3. Now I'm just a hater.

I'm just not excited at all about Diablo3 or Starcraft 2. I'm too jaded to play click games and I haven't played a compelling RTS since Rise of Nations.

No necro? I don't want no Scooby Doo witch doctor garbage.

Pay to play, i dont think so. Thing is Blizzard doesn't want you to drop your WoW subscription just to start plating their new games for "free".

Pay to play, i dont think so. Thing is Blizzard doesn't want you to drop your WoW subscription just to start plating their new games for "free".

Basically why I probably won't ever play SC2 or DiabloIII. Something tells me they will eventually retract this business model as every die hard SC player I know has already refused to play it under this model. Blizzard as developers are great but as a publisher they suck worse than Sony and MS combined.

I like the Necromancer, where's my Necromancer? And don't give me that, "Witch doctor is the Necromancer" mumbo jumbo!

I told the witch doctor I was in love with you

And then the witch doctor, he told me what to do

He said that ....

Ooo eee, ooo ah ah ting tang

Walla walla, bing bang

Walla walla, bing bang...

Walla walla, bing bang

Walla walla, bing bang

I like the Necromancer, where's my Necromancer? And don't give me that, "Witch doctor is the Necromancer" mumbo jumbo!

And then the witch doctor, he told me what to do

He said that ....

Walla walla, bing bang

Walla walla, bing bang...

Walla walla, bing bang

Walla walla, bing bang

Jackie, no more coffee okay?

So i went back to the website last night, no new info since i last visited it like a month ago, aside from some new pictures/wallpapers. Even if it is $5 a month to play, I'm prolly gonna pay it since i will finally have a real job and I've never paid to play a game online like all you WoW subscribers. Also Diablo 2 was the most fun i had in any RPG, if D3 is as much fun, then $60 a year would be worth it to me. You spend $60 just on a new PS3 or XBox 360 game. Just look at what you spend your money on and you could prolly justify the monthly expense over something else you waste money on.

• 4 weeks later...
So i went back to the website last night, no new info since i last visited it like a month ago, aside from some new pictures/wallpapers. Even if it is $5 a month to play, I'm prolly gonna pay it since i will finally have a real job and I've never paid to play a game online like all you WoW subscribers. Also Diablo 2 was the most fun i had in any RPG, if D3 is as much fun, then $60 a year would be worth it to me. You spend $60 just on a new PS3 or XBox 360 game. Just look at what you spend your money on and you could prolly justify the monthly expense over something else you waste money on.

But if you spend the $60 on a ps3 or XBox 360 or Wii game you can play the game for ever, or until you lose the disk, console explodes, whatever. Same with your basic pc game. You have to add the initial cost of the the game into your price. Honestly, how many games would you go to the store and shell out $120 for? I'm thinking none. The publishers are robbing us blind. It'd be the same as my company telling our customers they can get their shirts printed for $12.00 and then an additional $1.00 per month to wear them. If they don't pay the monthly fee, they can't have them anymore until they do. How long do you think we'd be in business?

Think before you plunk down your hard earned cash..... Steam doesn't charge for their services, think they're hurting for cash? Why should we pay Blizz, or any other publishers for the right to play the games we bought?

Edited by Wolfsblood

I definitely wouldn't pay monthly to play Diablo 3. As far as I can tell the only services Blizzard provides is some match-making and anti-cheat stuff. That's pretty standard with most PC games and they never charge for it. Microsoft tried to charge with it for their Windows Live stuff and it didn't work at all. They had to stop charging for it.

• 5 weeks later...

New character class on the website. I haven't read it all, but it's there.

EDIT: Forgot that it's April Fool's Day. Sounds like a possible joke. :biglaugha:

2ND EDIT: Lol, yeah I watched the videos and saw the screenshots. It's pretty funny. :biglaugha:

Edited by TheFirstMonk

• 4 months later...