Visual Studio 2k8

NOFX

So anyone familiar with this? I've been a Linux programmer for 3 years. They now have switched me over to MS environment and I going to start writing in C#.

I don't know C#, but its very similar to Java, which I haven't used for over 3 years.

I'm an awful programmer. I built my class diagram using the tool, I have all of my empty methods, but I can't figure out how to incorporate namespaces at all.

I basically need to have an instance of a class global, so that any other classes can access this specific instance. So far, not so good. And where are the damn header files in C#?

Whoa, you're learning C# from the bottom up, eh?

Well, I'm technically supposed to be supporting C# apps (2k3 and 2k5 mainly), but I'm no expert. I might be able to help somewhat though.

If I'm understanding what you're asking properly (you're using different terminology from what we use), you'd want to create a namespace file (call it "alohaworld.cs"). Then inside, you use syntax like this:

namespace Whatever.whatevs

{

public class Whatevas

{

public dostuff()

{

//your code here

}

}

}

Then in your page code, you have a declaration at the top like so:

<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="MyPage.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="Whatever.whatevs" %>

Make sure it's included in the project, and I *think* this will do what you want. Or it'll at least point you in the right direction hopefully. :)