Final PC Build

Tracid

Save the space and drop the floppy drive. I know there are a few occasions where you would need it, but you can really get away with just a dvd/cd-rw drive from my experience.

Someone else can either give an affirmative or a negative, but I was questioning how much more performance you would get out of the quad core than a faster clocked dual core. Or, if you wanted to stick with the quad core, and bring your price down, look at the AMD Phenom X4. Again, I don't know how well they stack up against the Intel lot. I have a core 2 duo in my laptop and an AMD Athlon in the old desktop, so I am impartial.

If you took the savings from going with the AMD processor, you could almost buy another video card and run it in SLI for 2 gigs of video mem. :freak3: I thought when I built my desktop ~4-5 years ago that the 512 mb video cards were serious overkill.

Antec 900, I haven't decide on monitor yet. Maybe that Samsung 2253B or whatever its called or the cheapy 22 in Acer lol

That's an awesome setup just to only run a cheap 22". I would save a little cash by getting a slightly cheaper power supply or mobo and putting the money towards a 24". Also Matching up a $400 video card to a $200 monitor just don't make sense in the long run to me. Usually the best part of a new system should be the monitor. It will hold it's value better and you will end up keeping it longer then the rest of your computer parts which get upgraded during time.

I'm not to sure bush :( 24 in monitors starts to double in price compared to 22, do you know if 2 ms vs 5 ms any difference?

Newegg has many 24 inchers well under 400. Also 2ms still sucks if your used to CRTs, while many people have 8ms LCDs and say they don't notice any smearing or anything unusual. 2ms may seem alot faster then 5ms but think of it more as .000002 vs .000005 and suddenly the difference is minute.

Edited by bushwack

Everything has been bought! Except monitor, the DVD burner/reader thing I originally planned to get was sold out so I went with an LG GH20NS15 or something like that. I will decide eventually on a monitor by next month. Still haven't really narrow it down yet. One thing that sucks is the tax total to 127 bucks! S&H was 30 bucks! Wish I lived out of state or tax exempt :(

Everything but the PSU should be at door step on the 4th since it was shipped out of Newegg's California's warehouse, but the PSU is shipped from Tennessee. Wont get that till monday next week :(

Oh just curious what's the math formulae for percentage math? Its been awhile since I had to work with that...say for example.

19.99% a month for 12 months from total of $1,910?

Everything has been bought! Except monitor, the DVD burner/reader thing I originally planned to get was sold out so I went with an LG GH20NS15 or something like that. I will decide eventually on a monitor by next month. Still haven't really narrow it down yet. One thing that sucks is the tax total to 127 bucks! S&H was 30 bucks! Wish I lived out of state or tax exempt :(

Everything but the PSU should be at door step on the 4th since it was shipped out of Newegg's California's warehouse, but the PSU is shipped from Tennessee. Wont get that till monday next week :(

Oh just curious what's the math formulae for percentage math? Its been awhile since I had to work with that...say for example.

19.99% a month for 12 months from total of $1,910?

I live in Alabama right on the state line and I order a lot of things for my friends and family in Tennessee so they can save tax. They are just minutes from my house.

Providing you pay it off in a year, interest will prolly be around $400...I think, maybe. You'll need to pay around $200 a month to pay it off in a year. I bought my first computer back in 96' for $1800 from circuit city. After got the first CC bill, I went strait to the bank and took a loan out to payoff the CC at 7%. I've never bought a computer system since, just incremental upgrades.