St Louis

mohawk

You may want to wear a suit though. It's the mob restaurant in St. Louis so make sure you tip according to service and behave yourself ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toasted_ravioli

Thank Preach regarding the roasted ravioli part. I got the history lesson when I stayed at the holiday inn next to the airport. The bartender told me that it was an old recipe from Sicily, then went on to say that the Capone family came to St. Louis first (never verified) and that there was a lot of mob activity in St. Louis (which I also never verified), I just found the history of it all interesting.

My father ran numbers back in the 40's and 50's for the East St. Louis Mob. He did that until his boss was blown up in a car bomb. That was 1952 I think. I always loved to hear his stories from his crazy days. After that he bought a restaurant that was located where the old Bush Stadium was built. Specifically his place was right where homer's landing was located (special seats in the left field stand) and his name was Homer :)

Edit and that's TOASTED RAVIOLI not roasted.

Edited by Preacher

Never been to Bruno's so I couldn't compare it to Favazza's. I have only tried 3 places on The Hill, Favazza's, Mama Campisi's and a 3rd I don't remember the name of. The first time I went to Mama Campisi's was my first date with my girlfriend. There was a "crooner" (Frank Sinatra type) there singing live and we sat outside and watched the neighborhood while being serenaded. I have to say that the atmosphere on The Hill is like a New York borough from the '50s. Well worth a visit to ANY restaurant there.