Power Line Connections

DNA

Okay so I have a wrt54g router that I have wired via a long cat cable to my PS3 to stream movies. This cable is a pain in my backside and was thinking of doing a powerline adapter..?? Would this be any better then the g wireless connection?? Or would it be better to get a new router with some stronger signal...would this help even though it is still a g connection.

One other thing: the wrt54g is a 10/100, and some of the new ones are 10/100/1000 ports, would this help my computer connection being that I have the computer connected to the router also. I also have seen that some of the new routers have "new" tech that boosts stream and stuff.

So what do you think is the better route??

the gig eth port is only going to help for other devices on that same network. Your internet connection is still going to be the limiting factor for anything going off your network. Also if all of your devices do not support it there will be no gain.

As for power line adapters I have never used them, so I cant say how well they work, but it may have a lot to do with the age of the wiring in your house.

DNA
the gig eth port is only going to help for other devices on that same network. Your internet connection is still going to be the limiting factor for anything going off your network. Also if all of your devices do not support it there will be no gain.

As for power line adapters I have never used them, so I cant say how well they work, but it may have a lot to do with the age of the wiring in your house.

I have seen some articles saying up to 300mb but most people avg 50-100, so do the new wireless N's with the boosted wireless g stuff make it better.

DNA
are you streaming from the internetz or ur own lan?

From my own lan, streaming from the internet does not work that great on the movies, good on the music just not on movies.

and you think the cable (cat5?) is bothersome?

does that mean it's maybe too long?

in the way, (across the room)

near power lines in ur house walls?

powerline has some issues with the age of the house's wiring.

DNA

Ya it is more of the fact it is in the way, would like to be nice a clean(no wire across room), they house is fairly old like 1980's so not sure. The wireless works fairly well just some HD stream dont work that great.