Guitar Hero World Tour

Shropshire Slasher

So my kids and I have been playing through GHIII since this summer. It has it's quirks but we've gotten a lot of fun out of it.

I'm a couple of songs from the end of Hard. I seem to struggle with the metal riffs (raining blood, one).

I've enjoyed the set list, but I grow weary of it. So I bought World Tour for the kids for Christmas so we'd have new songs to play.

I'm kinda disappointed though. It seems WAY easier than GHIII. is this a known thing? Some of the minor interface differences I can live with, and I'll even forgive the Bon Jovi song. But so far after about 5 sets I haven't had to play one 3 note chord. And frankly, the number of notes in certain passages that get left out make the timing sort of hard.

I kinda criticized GHIII at first for making the jumps in difficulty SO LARGE. But, once I got used to the next difficulty level, I actually preferred them. Going down in difficulty became tedious.

I haven't tried expert on WT yet, but I hope it is more "Hard" than Hard is on WT.

I would say overall GHwt is easier than GHIII, but stop rolling hard if you want a bit of a challenge. Expert is still pretty tricksy, there are a few songs that gave me a bit o trouble (though I have beaten em all). The additions (empty frets and held notes are kinda fun, and I like the set list way better than III.