Okami

boiler

So I was reading through the Wii "Year in Review" article on IGN and came across a couple of mentions of Okami and it's highly rated reviews. I hadn't seen or read anything about it before, but after reading the reviews it looked pretty good. I guess it didn't sell all that well on PS2 or with it's re-release on Wii despite the great reviews. Intrigued and looking for an excuse to turn on the Wii again (and for something to tear me away from Fallout 3 :freak3: ) I picked it up at Gamestop for $25 new.

I wasn't sure how I would feel about the art style, but after spending an hour with it, I love it. It's gorgeous to look at and the Wii does a really nice job bringing it to life. I haven't played enough to give any true impressions yet, but I was wondering how many folks have played it before. The only mention in these forums I found was once by Anonymo in giving PS2 recommendations back in September.

Anyone have/had/love this game? The guy at the counter at gamestop looked really surprised when I put it on the counter and said "Okami? Far out, man. That's a great game. It's really long too."