Mount and Blade

Ted_Break_Danson

I recently tried out this amazing Medieval RPG / FPS / RTS game called Mount and Blade. It really is not any of those game genres, but still has parts of each of them. You have to check this out if you have not tried it. You can get the game directly from the developer's website, but you need to purchase a cd-key to play past level 7. Here is a link: http://www.taleworlds.com/

I think you can also demo and purchase the game through steam.

It is really the most fun I've had in a medieval combat type game. Check out this video to see what the combat is like.

Anyone on here played it? If so tell me how you usually play in battles. My brother and were surprised by how different our fighting styles were after we watched each other in the battles.

I played the demo a week or 2 ago when Steam had it cheap.

I played like the guy in the video. You and the enemy clash, your on horseback so you just chop a guy on foot while you ride past. Circle back, chop another guy to death. Circle back, rinse and repeat. It's cool at first but then repetition set in for me.

The hand to hand combat is pretty neat too but I never found any outside of training. Always on a horse, unless you dismount in an arena. Are there dungeons/caves you can explore on foot?

I did like how easy it is to find places in town. Instead of searching on foot, the town menu is brilliant.

After Steam raised the price i quit playing.

Looks like fun, I would bet that Shaftiel has/does play this, at least in the off season.

Yes I have played it. I was doing great up until 7th level when it killed me. Nice way to let you know that you are at the end of the demo heh :)

As for the battles I usually just shot people in the head with my crossbow. That tended to stop them dead. Get it? Dead? I kill myself. Oh! There again, kill! Wow, I am amazing. I would then dismount, or walk over and loot the corpses. As for h2h combat, it is insanely easy to block and then hit someone 2 - 3 times before you need to block again. I could take on up to 4 people with h2h, and I have bested up to 9 people using only the crossbow. The whole head shot thing... I think I mentioned that earlier.

Shaftiel