Map Creation

Primus

Hmmm, so I'm going to have to carefully select each brush that's additive, and create that building out of only additive brushes which have first been converted to SMs, then take the whole thing and convert it into one big SM. That's really going to suck :( Oh well, nothing comes easy, right? :)

Thanks for the info, and thanks UE2 for not being very practical.

I've been trying to convert to SMs because I read somewhere that they take less to render compared to the brushes. Is there any way to get the shape I have into the map without rebuilding the whole thing? :(

Edited by dragonfly

So when I first woke up this morning an idea popped into my head. :)

Since I started this building with an additive brush, and used subtractive brushes (for the most part) to carve out what I wanted, I SHOULD be able to make a second additive brush after deleting the first, and first deintersect (disintersect?) it with all of the other brushes in the structure. Then, I can delete all of the subtractive brushes since there will be no need for them. If I have time I'll try it tonight and let you know how it goes :D :D :D

WOOOOOOT!!!

Ok, Just take a brush, overlap it with what you have carved out, then INTERSECT it with all the brushes. This will only leave the brush building where you have made additive brushes. Then just click add, then remove all of the previous brushes.

If it's too big, just clip it into sections. Done! :D :D :D