PaperBackSwap.com

Playaa

I found this site a few weeks ago. There are other sites out there like it (BookMooch.com is one I know of) but this is the one I use so I'm telling you about it.

You sign up, you find a book you want. If you have a credit, you get that book. The person who has it sends it to you. When you receive it you mark it complete and they get your credit. The cycle continues.

There are 2 ways to get credits:

1) Give books to other people. (this is the cheapest way)

2) Buy credits at $3.45 apiece. (easiest way)

The purchasing of credits may seem like a lot, but considering most books new cost $10 or more it's a really good deal.

If you have a large collection of books that you don't want to read anymore, this site is an amazing way to find books. I already found 2 lesser-known books that I have wanted to purchase for awhile and I got them for free through this site.

With Amazon you have to purchase the book every time. With PaberBackSwap you never have to spend a dime purchasing a book.

With BookCrossing you can't get a specific book you want unless it's in an accessible location. With PBS.com I found 6 uncommon books that I've wanted to purchase for months but haven't bought because they cost too much (even used).

For me going to places like half priced books for used books works way better. Only because I am a book hoarder and consider giving up a book I have read very painful (reason why I have 3 bookshelves crammed with books). Sounds like a good way to share books... though liberaries are free if you just want to read a book and give it back up.