UT3 Event

Primus

(edited)

OK, I thought that since UT3 is being brought back up in topics that I would send this your way. You may remember that I was a {Punk} at one time, be it brief. I get alot of info from the UNK players when it comes to UT. These guys have UT bagged up in my opinion. I thought that we might consider giving this a try.

UT3 Ons Party When you read the posts, notice the names under the avatars. You'll recognize quite a few of them, T5K-USSR-S-and so on. We know these guys, judging by what I have read so far, UT is making its way back to some great game play, as it use to be.

These guys have figured out how to make UT3 Warfare play like UT2k4 Onslaught. They also have tons of new and interesting maps along with many 2k4 maps done in UT3 style.

For those of you that have 3 installed you can get some new maps here if your interested.

This is the ONS 2.0 that gives UT3 the 2k4 feel, there are also some maps to download when you get to this page. ONS 2.0

You might want to read ONS 2.0 Project page, it has a lot of stuff to look at when it comes to UT3. There are people working on the vehicles and everything.

I'll post up a link to get the UNK maps if your interested. I might have to reinstall with this stuff :D More to come.

Edited by Flitterkill

No problems at all Primus (though I took a touch o' the snark out of the first post :P)

Sanchez has been one of those riding point on ONS 2.0; some of you may remember the name.

Also, I really need to find out where my copy of the game is...

-Fk

(though I took a touch o' the snark out of the first post tongue2.gif)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: To funny!!

Just got all the dowloads so I might check some of this stuff out, not that I need to install another game. :hihi:

I am kind of curious as to how it will play on Windows 7. I'm gonna have to throw in a bigger drive now, I think I'll go out and get another 500gig raptor sata 3 at tiger for 70 bucks. :biglaugha:

Primus: That link reqs registration - care to cut and paste?

I'm down for Thursday, either game. Found, installed, played. Interface is much better, though some things you click once, others you have to double click - puzzling. The online server browser still seemed a touch flaky - Searching for warfare servers got me, well, just about everything.

A few more players than the last time I looked at UT3 servers - no lack of server space though. Unless the server is packed with vets, expect to dominate if your goal is winning a match - whether in vehicles or on foot, most players seem to focus solely on either dm'ing or on the singular node in front of them; no one seems to be able to discern peripherally if a node is going up or going down and being ahead of the game strategically.

Haven't played the ONS 2.0 stuff yet either.

-Fk

Sorry about the link, I'll fix that. Great assessment of the game though. That's exactly how I felt after reinstalling it.

I think you'll be suprised at the ONS 2.0 stuff. I liked what they did to it, they brought UT2k4 to a whole new level.

There are a lot of new players and weekend warriors out there, its hard to find a competitive game more now than before the Titan pack was released,

But I take it that between the new pack and the Steam thingy there will be a lot of noobz in the servers, they are fun to watch though (as long as that are not on your team).

I still have a lot of fun playing.