Unclean's Little Photo Nook

Unclean

In case anyone is interested, I've created a little web gallery of photos I've taken on SmugMug:

http://numberfive.smugmug.com

I used to be on Flickr, but Smugmug allows for the original images and a nice printout interface too (read: Smugmug is better).

Please let me know your comments and if you have any suggestions for improvement. I'm no pro like a lot of the work I see online, but every comment helps.

In case anyone is interested, I've created a little web gallery of photos I've taken on SmugMug:

http://numberfive.smugmug.com

I used to be on Flickr, but Smugmug allows for the original images and a nice printout interface too (read: Smugmug is better).

Please let me know your comments and if you have any suggestions for improvement. I'm no pro like a lot of the work I see online, but every comment helps.

:biglaugha: That first pic in Insects (Macro) made me jump when hit "original" and panned over...even though I knew what was coming. I'm signing up as being able to share the original sizes is AWESOME! Also I will thumbs up all your pictures so you get unwanted attention. :smillie_smilling:

Zoooo...nvm have to pay to play it seems... :( oh well...don't have my DSLR yet...still... :cry:

2nd edit: well thanks, looking at your pictures makes me REALLY want a DSLR...which I've had to put off buying because I need a house...house or camera house or camera....

Yeah, it's pay to play, but it seems like the awesome features on most sites are like that. If you use the coupon code YAHOO, you can get 50% off the first year (which is what I'm doing).

[shoulder devil]So why can't you get a house AND a dslr? You can get a nice DSLR starter kit for about $500 or so - a 12.1 MP Canon XSi + 18-55 IS lens. Or you could get a really really nice kit for about $1500. Since there's a new home buyer credit of $8000, that means you can still put $6500-7500 towards a new home AND have a DSLR.[/shoulder devil]

And lol @ you scaring yourself - don't look at macros in the dark next time. B)

Great pics Unlean, One of these days I'm gonna get a Nikon D40.

But I'm with anonymo right now, no monies for one. I could buy 3 D40s for what my house and car payment is every month.

Unlean! You're calling me fat? :P

The D40 is a fine camera - pair it with a good lens, and you can take pictures that make professionals envious. And you can capture great memories for now and down the road.

Great pics Unlean, One of these days I'm gonna get a Nikon D40.

But I'm with anonymo right now, no monies for one. I could buy 3 D40s for what my house and car payment is every month.

Unlean! You're calling me fat? :P

The D40 is a fine camera - pair it with a good lens, and you can take pictures that make professionals envious. And you can capture great memories for now and down the road.

I'm calling you unlean from now on...I'd like to get XTi body and EF-S 55-250MM lens for now (awesome view from my balcony) but unless I win the money it aint happening

Go with the XSi - later generation sensor (Digic 4 vs Digic 3) for about the same price. Used you're looking at about $450 for the XSi, and $200 for the lens. Not a bad setup at all! And another $100 if you want the 18-55 IS lens to round out your collection.

• 2 weeks later...

nice pics unclean.. I'm dying for another DSLR. Just picked up an XSI body off FM today for $450!! Gotta wait a few paychecks for lens though.

Thanks!

Nice find with the XSi. I hope you used Buy-it-now with 8% cash back. :)

If you don't have any other lenses, go with the $80 50mm f/1.8 prime. It's quick, and it'll open up some creative opportunities with such a large aperture.

I wish! No, you have to use Microsoft's Bing Cashback program and buy-it-now through ebay. Or you can get different cashback percentages based on the store. For example, J&R cashback is 5%, but if you have a Chase credit card, they give another 3% back.

(edited)

eh I see 18-200mm lens on FM right now for $425. Man $875 on camera equipment... dont think i can bring myself to do it right now.. must wait.

Edited by .fx