eject button on my Wii crapped

bushwack

The eject button on my Wii broke somehow, it doesn't have that "click" feedback when you push it anymore either. Last time we played it a disk just popped out in mid game.

The unit is clean and hasn't been moved or dropped. Past it's warranty too. :(

Has anyone taken one of the babies apart before? Or had any button issues?

My Wii blew up. Had to buy some fancy tri-wing screwdriver to get half of the screws out, the rest were standard philip heads.

Just as I figured the spring mechanism in the switch failed. was going to swap it out with the reset switch (dont think I've ever pushed that one) but solder the connections are so small I decided just to put the thing back together. Tried to find just the switch on the net but nothing came up.

We can still eject a disk if we push the button with some force. Just glad it still works after taking it apart. :prplwacko:

wii1.JPG

wii2.JPG

Good job getting it back together and having it still work. Shame you couldn't get a good solution while you had it all asploded. Maybe you can find someone with a broken Wii on the net to buy one for parts?

Yeah if I can ever come across a switch I'll try to put one in, or just have 2 bare wires out the front and touch them together to eject the disk. :)

Yup just a 1 year warranty Unclean. My wife says if you hit it on top the disk comes out, lol.