Roommate Etiquitte

Unclean

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, sounds to me like there are trust issues with Janet's ability to choose a mate which Steve and Michelle don't want to bring up under the consideration they might be unwarranted this time. That sounds like a reasonable predicament to me. They are worried Janet might have made the same mistakes she has in the past but at the same time don't want to sabotage what could be a healthy relationship.

I think someone needs to explain to Janet that, while everyone is on her side and they all like Dave, now is not the best time to infuse a new member into the already volatile household for which she is not supporting in any way. No one is saying Dave is a bad guy or anything like that, but that the situation for whatever (and irrelevant) reasons, is putting undue stress on Dave, Michelle and the parents.

Obviously Dave and Janet are already sneaking around so this might be in vain and the situation is already well out of hand, but communication is always good practice so both sides should sit down and discuss it as much as possible.

As I said before, if this situation is where it is, then someone is going to have to put their foot down or it will all derail. I know it's a tough decision to toss your unemployed sister into the street but if it's the only way to have her open her eyes then it's the only way. I'll mention that I think the situation is well beyond any other course of action at this point. Either Janet agrees that Dave will no longer spend the night and his sleeping over ceases or Janet hits the road. As I said previously, any in between is unfair to both sides.

Now. Good luck applying the rational approach to a situation obviously clogged with emotions (did I word that well enough :freak:?)

Lastly, a part of me thinks Steve finds Dave attractive and is having a hard time dealing with those feelings.