Planetside

Crowbar

Most of you have probably heard of MMORPGs. Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot, Anarchy Online. Role playing games, some are fun, but most take a lot of time, and frankly, most FPS (first person shooter) players don't want to learn these seemingly boring, slow-paced games. So what if you're a level 90 druid mage, gimmie an awp and I'll drop you in one shot from 160 meters.

However, someone finally is giving FPS buffs their very own massivly multi-player online game. It's called PlanetSide, and it looks like it's going to be well worth the time and money.

http://planetside.station.sony.com/

Massively Multiplayer Gaming takes on a new face in PlanetSideâ„¢, where thousands of players wage war in a battle of planetary proportions. A newly designed 3D engine drives PlanetSide's first-person player-to-player combat and vehicular warfare across ten continents.

So says the website. That's the whole jist of the game. You pick one of 3 teams and wage war over the planet. Every team is humanoid, no goblins or monsters. Weaponry is futuristic, rail guns, variants of assault rifles, missle launchers, chain blades, etc. Looks to be a lot like Command and Conquer Renegade, if any of you have seen/played that. Graphics look great, play sounds like it'll be awsome. The game's in beta 3 right now, moving up to the final two stages, beta 4 will be almost the finished game, beta 5 is just a stress test. Game should hit shelves by summer. Soon as I'm set up at a stable apartment with a good connection, I'll definatly give it a shot.