New Mobo, cpu, and vid card

Bush

Time to do an upgrade. I don't care about being able to upgrade in the future, just need something to get me by for a few years. ATX form factor, and I have a little used 555 watt p/s. What I wanted was to look for a 939 socket mobo with a pci-e slot, but I couldn't find anything at a decent price.

Thanks in advance.

Why a 939 socket, if you don't mind me asking? I would definitely go with a 1366 socket with an i7 were I you, or if you REALLY don't care about upgrades and want to save a little money, go with the 1156 and an i7. Those things are great. As far as saving money is concerned, the nVidia 260 GTX is a good vid card for your buck, but I'd personally spend a little more and go with a GTX 275. You're still saving money, but getting a little more juice.

Anyway, hope that advice helps a little. I really like these two boards:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131386R

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131404

I would REALLY go with the first one--killer open-box deal, and the 1366 is definitely the way to go.

(edited)

Thanks for the input. After thinking about it more I'm going to wait. Right now I'm on a very tight budget but in three months I get to build a computer for a school project, at which time I'm thinking about a micro atx, only because they have lans at school every Friday so I want something portable. My current rig which only has a few hours on it, I put it on the shelf when I went to China, used it for a little bit when I got back then back on the shelf then back down again. In a nutshell it's going to be a media center, torrent box, and for casual gaming. My biggest gripe is ati doesn't support there agp cards anymore, so instead of going for a medium overhaul I'm going to get this.

Oh yeah just playing Wow, Arma2, and this cool web game called Evony.

Edited by Bush